Need advice on LR4 20 inch wheel tire options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oclr4

Reaction score
Oclr4, are they twice as good to justify that price difference?

For me it is worth it as it translates into an extra $175 - $200/year for the increased tire size that I really enjoy. I appreciate the nearly 5/8 lift I get from them and I think they look and ride nice plus no rubbing, not even in access mode.

Last edited:

El Solis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Nitto's came with. 6 year/65,000 mile warranty [emoji41]

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
285/50r20 Cooper Zeon LTZ, rub only at full lock. I've had them for over a year and love them. Also I'm pretty sure it's the biggest you could go without lifting.

BlueOvalConvert

Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses and info. I went with the Pirelli's. All in for 4 tires, just at $800.

Tprokeeper

Reaction score
I just went through this. We went w the Nitto Terra Grapplers G2. It was about $1038 out the door for 4 with road hazard on each for 4 tires. The look pretty good for an AT, are surprisingly quiet on the road. I have a week long expedition through Oregon coming up soon and will get to test them off road. So far I'm very happy with them. View attachment 5377
El Solis, do you have the rods with these tires and what size G2s did you go with? These are the tires I'm looking at as well.

El Solis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the green oval 3 way rods (stock, lifted, emergency extra lift settings. You have to manually switch them but it only takes a few minutes). This allows my wife to drive around as stock (it is her DD) and then lift when we hit the trails. We went with the 255/50/20's as they don't run at stock height. I'm really happy with the G2's. 65,000/6year tread warranty. Quiet and have done very well off road.

Tprokeeper

Reaction score
Thanks El Solis and sorry for the message, I saw your answer on the following page once I hit send. I have heard mixed reviews on what will fit with 2.5" lift rods full time. I have heard 32" is the max without rubbing, yet I've seen where some with 31" tires rub so I'm uncertain what size to go with.

El Solis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Johnson rods website has a chart that shows what tire for each 1/2 inch of lift from their rods. Good info to start with.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go BIG or go home....but also, do it RIGHT or not at all.

32's are not for vehicles without physical modifications to the fender liners. Simply popping on the "rods" does not remove that fact.

Tprokeeper

Reaction score
Thank you, I appreciate the help. Any recommendation on aftermarket 20" matte black wheels that will fit with the proper offset would be greatly appreciated too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72