New LR4 arrived at the dealer today :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rovernut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alexcorral- Congrats on all the toys! Sure looks like fun. A lot of companies offer online courses that will satisfy any boating safety requirements, but I would strongly recommend taking an actual classroom course. You get so much more out of them. I sat through a class to get my 6-Pack Captain License not too long ago, and I wish a lot of the material in that was required for recreational boaters. There are just too many crazies out there! Seems like quite a few other boaters on here, but if you have any more questions feel free to shoot me a PM and I'll see if I can help you.

Rovernut- Just curious, are you in the boating industry in FL?

Yes....down here in SoFL. Worked for Bertram Yacht in the 90's then went to the "dark side" (read retail) in mid 90's till today. Someday I'll get a real job!

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speaking of boats. LR4 makes a perfect tow vehicle. Hardly notice anything is attached, had to remind myself a few times that I was towing.

This is yesterday.
IMG_20130817_174017_zps4347c870.jpg

Jomalo

Reaction score
Great looking Rovers!

I'm anxious to get my hands on an LR4 to call my own after seeing these. I just joined the forum..

Where should I look/ask for average price paid on a new LR4 (or a used 2012). Should I wait for the 2014? I can't find any confirmed news on that model..

It seems like everyone's really happy with the v8 though.

Sorry if this is completely the wrong place for this..

Thanks!

jorgen

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rovernut, where in S. Fla, I'm in the Palm BeachGardens/Jupiter area.

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speaking of boats. LR4 makes a perfect tow vehicle. Hardly notice anything is attached, had to remind myself a few times that I was towing.

This is yesterday.
IMG_20130817_174017_zps4347c870.jpg

My boat and trailer, with all the additional crap we load in it, is about 6000#. Never had a problem with any of my LR's pulling it. BTW, that rear view camera is great to back up the truck to the trailer!!!!!!

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in the "boating" industry and to the best of my 20+ years knowledge no boating license is needed in Florida unless you are doing commercial chartering with 6 passengers or more....perhaps for lakes there is something required locally.

I STRONGLY suggest (actually if you were a customer of mine, would INSIST and provide it myself) looking into classes and lessons as boats are not cars and do not act or handle like them and the mistakes people make have very dire consequences to those on or around them....if you've never run one there is a LOT to learn...rant off.

Thanks for the advice. I have run boats (in the ocean, off the northern coast of Venezuela) but never owned one. I do need a license and mandatory training in CT.

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alexcorral- Congrats on all the toys! Sure looks like fun. A lot of companies offer online courses that will satisfy any boating safety requirements, but I would strongly recommend taking an actual classroom course. You get so much more out of them. I sat through a class to get my 6-Pack Captain License not too long ago, and I wish a lot of the material in that was required for recreational boaters. There are just too many crazies out there! Seems like quite a few other boaters on here, but if you have any more questions feel free to shoot me a PM and I'll see if I can help you.

Rovernut- Just curious, are you in the boating industry in FL?

Thanks for the offer. I will take you up on it and send you a PM to figure this out.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM