New LR4 owner - upgraded 4Runner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BarryWCombs

Reaction score
Hi all - new user and new LR owner.
After 20+ years of Toyota's sewing machine like reliability (1994 Toyota "Truck" with 215k miles, 2007 4Runner with 115k miles) I just took the plunge and bought one of my dream trucks - 2016 LR4 LUX - White with Almond. Trading in the 4Runner. Also adding 7 year / 100k warranty....JUST IN CASE.

Wife and I needed a 3rd row vehicle and mini van was not an option. Sequoia was too big... Land Cruiser was too expensive....GL-S didn't have 4x4 pedigree of the others...

Pick it up Saturday and can't wait. Always in the back of my thoughts I'll have the reliability thing on my mind, but in my extensive research I did not find much constantly wrong with the 2014+ models.... they eat gas and brakes.... okay...they are heavy trucks I can accept that. Car and Driver said it wasn't quick as other trucks..I have a car if I want to go "quick". Just as long as I can always get out if the weather is ever bad.

Have been reading board for weeks in my research and wanted to get started using it in case I needed support since my dealer is 90 miles away!!!

Apologize ahead of time for many of the dumb questions to come....and happy to finally be a Land Rover owner!!!

Car History
Current:
2016 LR4 LUX
2011 550i (6sp manual)
1994 Toyota 4x4 Truck (5sp manual)

Previous
2009 TSX (6sp manual)
2007 4Runner
1998 Jetta (5sp manual)
1997 Miata (5sp manual)
1989 Mercury Capri Hatchback (5sp manual)
1980 Ford Mustang
1979 Ford Fiesta (4sp manual)

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

BarryWCombs

Reaction score
Thanks CardFan... for what it's worth - I'm also one of the biggest UL Basketball fans you will ever meet!!!!!

uoflcardfan77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks CardFan... for what it's worth - I'm also one of the biggest UL Basketball fans you will ever meet!!!!!

Then you haven't met me. LOL! You close enough to get to any of the games? We're season ticket holders for Men's & Women's Basketball, Men's & Women's Soccer and Football. If you're ever at a home football game let me know. You can tailgate with us.

BarryWCombs

Reaction score
Okay - you win!! I'm a HUGE basketball fan - since the early 80's (McCray era) but actually have never been to Louisville.....currently live in North West Arkansas so don't know that I'll be able to take you up on the tailgating thing.... but if I ever did I'm very excited that we would actually have a tailgate to use!!!

BarryWCombs

Reaction score
Picked up the new truck last night....LOVE far....

Attachments

• bcjcLR4.jpg
    bcjcLR4.jpg
    840.4 KB · Views: 18

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice looking Rover

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads