Nice to meet all of you

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

discoinjapan

My name is Mike. Ive lived here in Japan for about 14 years. I work for the Department of Defense on a military base. I bought a 93 Disco 3.9 V8 about 3 years ago and fell in Love(wife allready knows).
Ive added OME springs and shocks, a roof carrier, yokohama tires(going to change soon), Suxon racing stainles steel exhaust, NGK Iridium plugs, Airforce one intake system(I take it off when offroadin, sucked up water in my engine)
OUCH! Im in the process of changing all my pollybush bushings back to original due to the polybush trailing arm bush crumbled to pieces and left me by Mt. Fuji for an extra day.
Does anybody have polybush bushings? What are your comments? I wrote to pollybush about my situation and I havent even received a reply.
Im going to replace my solid disc rotors for some vented drilled/slotted ones any good suggestions? I replaced then about a year ago with originals but I just cant stand the noise. Im thinking on Brembo.
Well I hope we may be of help to each other. And if any of you are in Japan let me know.
Mike Bruzga
Land Rover Owners Club Japan Member

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad to meet you as well... don't have polybushings, but the rotors I can say that DBA's are very nice, I upgraded my D1 to DBA RRC style Vented/slotted/drilled on the fronts with DBA pads, and they work great... The rears I just went with slotted and dimpled... they work very well too.

So the air force one, when you off road how deep of water are you going in? I just installed a water resistant prefilter and haven't had any issues with sucking water or mud. Fit perfect and I have no issues with it at all.

D

discoinjapan

Thanks Joey

The water was right up to the hood. I dont recommend w/o a snorkel. But it was FUN. I couldnt start my engine for about 4 hours afterwards. I even took out all the plugs and distributer to clean them off.
Mike

D

discoinjapan

Dba Rrc

Do you have a site where I can order them online? Parts are rediculously expensive here in Japan.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I got mine GBR... www.greatbasinrovers.com

The upgrade kit for the front calipers was $149.95, just the front brakes all inclusive (kit, pads, rotors, seals, lock plates) was $466.86

But it was worth it in my opinion.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635