No idea what happened

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I replaced the sensor in the coolant recovery tank and there was only two wires for the level sensor . If there is a temp sensor it must be invisible and wireless.

Bryan Jones

The guy with the 35's
Reaction score
Update: shop crew is going to SEMA, not bringing any Defender 90's they're working on. Earliest I can get seen is mid November

BeemerNut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are a crappy part from Ford that still lives in the engine. There is a big FoMoCo stamp on the parts.

I do not know of any aluminum or other replacement part from any other manufacturer. I went with new plastic crappy ones from FoMoCo (via LR).

I talked to a engineer a couple years ago who returned to the USA from England to retire, he was visiting a dealership I used to hang out at. He worked at the Ford plant in England supervising the manufacturing of LR's engines.
He told me engines must be built to exactly what was noted in the contract and to LR's specifications on their "blueprints" having been designed and approved by those high up in LR.
No alterations in design allowed or materials changed only what LR specified including their built in cheap material design flaws approved by the LR's bean counters.

I was in that aluminum pipe cross over chat. I would of machined out aluminum stock with "O" ring groove, welded on mounting flanges plus tube ******* allowing rubber hose connected and bridged across the engine to the other mounting location allowing for thermal expansion and flex by hose. The weak point being the rubber hose easily replaced should be required. That's how I would of repaired a 5.0 if I owned one. Having the equipment to mill, lathe machine and Tig weld together. I would not own one of those 5.0 engines in the first place being too expensive to keep running in the long run like 2-300K miles. I keep my vehicles not trading in before they start to fail like at warranty expiration.

You have a ****** off problem (can't blame you), you need to talk to LR it's their engineered flawed engine design mess not FORD's.....~~=o&o>.......

Last edited:

BeemerNut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I was driving around, the low coolant light came on, then went away immediately. As I was pulling into a parking it said the engine was overheating, then the warning went away. I parked the truck, ran inside and grabbed something real quick (30 seconds max), came back out and there was light smoke coming the engine. After popping the hood I saw a nice spot on coolant all over the ground, and everything between the radiator and engine is covered in coolant. I don't have any pics of this as I left the truck over night because I had other pressing matters to tend to.

Anyone have anything similar happen to them?

Warranty nearing expiration date warning?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72