Off Road Height - is this normal operating behavior?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spizzi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

So I was trying out the ride height controls today. Would some of you try this out and let me know if your LR4 does the same?

1. While the vehicle is at a complete stop, toggle the ride height to the Off Road height (all the way up). Keep the vehicle fully stopped and wait for it to achieve Off Road Height.

2. Now, while the truck is still stopped, toggle the ride height by pressing the button repeatedly all the way down to Access Height (completely skipping the Normal height position). Keep the vehicle stopped and wait for the Access Height to be achieved.

3. Now begin to accelerate the vehicle.

4. Does your LR4 try to default on its own by automatically going back to Off Road Height?

Mine does.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll try your sequence when I get in the car later this afternoon, but I am fairly sure that mine will default back to normal from access height as soon as I hit 5-10 mph or so, regardless of what I have done before with the suspensions switch. I'll get back to you.

Only possible scenario for the car rising to extended off-road from access height on its own would be if it sensed grounding (which could happen if you are really high centered over an obstacle, or if the height sensors are out of whack), but you'd get plenty of chimes and warning messages in the instrument cluster to let you know what's happening.

Last edited:

psc

Reaction score
Yes it's normal as you skipped normal height

From the manual

When vehicle speed rises above 10 km/h (6
mph), the vehicle will return to the height
access height was selected from.

psc

Reaction score
Pleasure - I only know it as it happened to me ...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9