oil pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

disc03

Reaction score
hi everyone!!
i'm so happy the site is back.thank you joey.

anyway my question is how do you know if you have a oil pump issue.i drive a 2003 disco w/ 66k on it.will the light come on or any indication?that there is something wrong w/ it?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Normally you will hear a slight knocking when you first start the engine. But in your case you have an 03. I would first find out if your oil pump was changed under warranty like it should have been.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you checked with Rover to see if your engine is one of those to be watched?
If your oil light comes on at stops or if it stays on longer when cold starting, then quit driving it.
Also use only Rover, Mobil1 301 or KN 3001 oil filters to prevent any cold dry star†s.

antichrist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also use only Rover, Mobil1 301 or KN 3001 oil filters to prevent any cold dry star†s.
Any oil filter with an anti-drainback valve will prevent those. Nothing at all unique to Rover, Mobil1 or K&N. The Wix 51515 and Baldwin B2 filters, which cost 1/3-1/2 the price, have anti-drainback valves, as do many of the crappy filters on the market.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM