Only 5 quarts of oil drained second oil change in a row (also… drain plug?)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

powershift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My vacuum pump is shiny new. I'm not sure what that other part is in the pic?

I had added 1 full QT Sunday and then Monday AM the oil level was overfull. There was a message that stated that and the oil level indicator bar didn't reflect the overage. The oil measuring has room for improvement.

But after driving to the gym and to work (8 mi.) round trip the overfull message was gone this morning. I've been taking measurements first thing in the AM on Monday and today. It seems I need to keep a sharp eye on the oil level when driving in low gear.

The LSx Corvette engines are actually overfilled by 1QT for track days. It says to overfill the oil level in the owners manual and a good track day would eat that hole quart and get about 3 MPG. But the LR4 V8 is an OHC design so I'm not sure about overfilling and the impacts or if it even matters that the cams are on the heads vs one cam in the middle of the block.

ttforcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it ended up being the vacuum pump causing the smoke?
compression and leak down tests came back fine. they think its the valve seals are causing the smoke but I'm just gonna drive it and add oil if i need to. if i have to ill replace the engine with one from roverlandparts for $13k, doesn't make sense to deal with the risk of rebuilding mine.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
compression and leak down tests came back fine. they think its the valve seals are causing the smoke but I'm just gonna drive it and add oil if i need to. if i have to ill replace the engine with one from roverlandparts for $13k, doesn't make sense to deal with the risk of rebuilding mine.

That's rebuilt for $13k?

ttforcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good news so far - they replaced vacuum pump with seal, crankcase breather diaphragms, cleaned intake and throttle body, new plugs, cleaned all brake booster lines, fuel system cleaner and no signs of smoke anymore after driving 200 miles. will monitor for oil consumption over the next couple thousand miles.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV