Opinions on color

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoLoaf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't Nara as dark as Orkney? Nara at least has some character. Silver is like painting sheet metal the color of sheet metal.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't Nara as dark as Orkney? Nara at least has some character. Silver is like painting sheet metal the color of sheet metal.

Silver is classic. It will always look good. Nara is a trendy color. How well it plays out 5 years from now is a toss-up. I do like it though.

And sheet metal looks nothing like a metallic silver paint. I say that as a mechanical design engineer that has designed all sort of sheetmetal parts for many years.

Here's an LR4 in Silver w/ black pkg.

2013 Land Rover LR4 on Aristocrat Motor's Off-road Course - YouTube

Last edited:

GoLoaf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And sheet metal looks nothing like a metallic silver paint. I say that as a mechanical design engineer that has designed all sort of sheetmetal parts for many years.

I would expect a mechanial design engineer to say that.

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did look at Indus silver and under certain lighting it looks funky: sort of baby blue. It's too bad the discontinued Zermatt, non-offensive as it was

namenda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear that Baltic Blue Lr4s have a tendency for the wood panel to peel off.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Silver is classic. It will always look good. Nara is a trendy color. How well it plays out 5 years from now is a toss-up. I do like it though.

Here's an LR4 in Silver w/ black pkg.

2013 Land Rover LR4 on Aristocrat Motor's Off-road Course - YouTube
Hey Quijote,

I actually watched a similar video of a Fuji White one when I was looking around at colors. As you know, I went with Fuji White because I never had white, I like the contrast with the black design package, and it wears pretty well. My outgoing LR4 was Nara Bronze, which I also really liked since it was a pretty unique and interesting color.

I really like the silver with the black design package, definitely gives it a nice contrast - much nicer than the silver stock trim (in my opinion). Very classic!

Like I said before, I like all the colors! :)

-David

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would expect a mechanical design engineer to say that.

Care to elaborate? If you are implying that I make my comments based on finished parts, you'd be wrong. I've spent plenty of time at many shops looking at the raw material through several fabrication and finishing processes.

Metallic silver paint does not look like steel at any stage unless of course, it has been painted metallic silver.

Regardless, I don't understand the abrasive tone.

Last edited:

GoLoaf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Care to elaborate? If you are implying that I make my comments based on finished parts, you'd be wrong. I've spent plenty of time at many shops looking at the raw material through several fabrication and finishing processes.

Metallic silver paint does not look like steel at any stage unless of course, it has been painted metallic silver.

Regardless, I don't understand the abrasive tone.

Sure. First, no worries, I'm just giving you a hard time. Apologies if I'm coming off abrasive.

And of course I know that metallic silver paint doesn't look EXACTLY like unfinished, partially finished, or near finished sheet metal. You took me very literally, which is what I'd expect from a mechanical engineer. Just giving you a little ribbing, no worries. It's like how windmills look like giants, but not exactly like giants.

Check out this video. At 1:23 you see an unpainted LR4 body getting dropped down onto its frame. The color of that body looks something like silver right?

Land Rover Discovery 4 / LR4 - The One Millionth Discovery - YouTube

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635