Order of tire rotation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

landmine

Reaction score
The local dealer (Waukasha, WI) stated that LR4 tires should be rotated side to side rather than front to back etc. Can anyone verify that this is correct?

weingarm

Reaction score
My dealer said the same thing- that land rover recommends side to side rotation, but that didn't make sense to me so I had them rotate front to back- the standard convention in all other vehicles i've had in the past. Over 3K miles later everything's working great- even wear, no vibration from what I can tell.

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I have a full size spare, should I be doing 5 tire rotations?

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Little harder to keep track but it is sure a waste when not being used.

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Little harder to keep track but it is sure a waste when not being used.
I was wondering if it's better to keep all 5 tires with similar amount of wear. If I didn't rotate the spare, the tread depth between the spare and the other 4 tires will continually grow larger. Say I was down to about 6/32" on tires and I got a flat and needed to use the spare. Would it be a problem to use one tire with full tread depth with 3 other tires that have considerably less depth?

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The local dealer (Waukasha, WI) stated that LR4 tires should be rotated side to side rather than front to back etc. Can anyone verify that this is correct?

My dealer does the same thing, but of course, we go to the same place.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99