Part number for LR4 rear brake pads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just picked up our 2013 LR4 from it's 30K mile service and the rear pads are 80% worn (fronts are 50% worn). I told them to leave it untouched (after they quoted 1000 to do the rear brake job).

Now I'm looking for pads to change myself and I found two different part numbers: LR015519 & LR055455.

I could use your help in identifying which ones to get.

howardduff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alex, According to Atlantic British the LR015519 is the correct part number. They have been an excellent source for me in the past. I was in a hurry once and picked up some rear break pads for my LR3 from NAPA and they worked great.
You have to watch yourself on the rear breaks if you pull the rotors, the emergency shoes are on the inside of the rotors and if a ridge has formed you will have to adjust the shoes smaller to pull the rotors. Not impossible just a heads up.
I usually make sure the new pads run free along the calipers even if I have to file them down. If they stick you will get premature wear. Good luck. Shouldn't take more than a couple of hours.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LR055455 are pads for cast iron calipers, which were used on some MY2010 for the rear brakes, in lieu of the more common aluminum. LR015519 are made for the aluminum calipers commonly used since MY2010, so those are the ones you should get if you have a MY2011 or later. If you have a 2010, you need to physically check what your rear calipers are made of, since both aluminum and cast iron were installed at the time, and order pads accordingly.

Last edited:

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if this kit http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/8887 is OE parts? with those part numbers?

I sent them an email about it. It doesn't say if its OE parts or not. Im going to order the entire kit and just start by changing out my rear pads, check the calipers,etc.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's interesting. The kit you posted for $889 talks about it being the budget/economy kit. But then there's one with Hawk pads for 1/2 the price so that sounds a little budgetier.
I'm curious to see what they tell you, I've seen it a few times where they don't advertise it as OE, but it comes from the same manufacturer of the OE parts.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I specifically want OE parts, with LR part stickers on them. I don't care for aftermarket options. I have tried that too many times on other vehicles with sub-par results.

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LR055455 are pads for cast iron calipers, which were used on some MY2010 for the rear brakes, in lieu of the more common aluminum. LR015519 are made for the aluminum calipers commonly used since MY2010, so those are the ones you should get if you have a MY2011 or later. If you have a 2010, you need to physically check what your rear calipers are made of, since both aluminum and cast iron were installed at the time, and order pads accordingly.

Umbertob, how can one tell the difference?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM