1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PCV refresh/replacement

Discussion in 'LR4' started by Michael Gain, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Michael Gain

Michael Gain Full Access Member

Good news: water pump is fine. Tapping noise is my paranoia amplifying the sound. Mechanic could barely hear it, but checked the tensioners, water pump, fan clutch, etc and all are in perfect condition.

The valve cover is leaking vacuum. He quoted 10 hrs of labor plus parts. My intent is to drop off the following parts, and pay for the $1000ish in labor--my wife has demanded that I spend one weekend not working on the truck.

Parts:
    LR051835--valve cover ($184)
    LR037089-- fuel injector kit ($18 x 3)
    LR041680--supercharger to intake manifold gasket ($45)
    LR041681--intake manifold gasket ($18 x 2)

So, about $1300 all in. Or I can pay the $320 in parts and $300 in Atlantic British special tools for the injector removal and reinstall, and then do it myself under a disapproving gaze...

2. NavDefender

NavDefender New Member

Thanks for a great write up.

Posting for any future troubleshooters: I had codes P2189 and P2187 on my 2016 SCV6 LR4, and was able to clear the codes after swapping out the valve diaphragm, which I found had a small tear in it.

Maybe I was doing it wrong, but I had a really tough time getting the cover off and an even tougher time getting the diaphragm in and new cover back on. There are very few interferences, as shown in the post above, but the interior side of the cover basically rests on the side of the engine, making it a very tight squeeze. My biggest concern was pinching the new diaphragm when trying to snap the new cover back down, and I wasn’t confident I didn’t do it until the codes didn’t come back!

Went for the OEM part from my local dealer for $77.

IMG_7687.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk