Placed my order tonight!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL! That woman is clearly NOT the target market for the LR4! In fact, she would probably love my 2014 MDX as she drives around always-sunny California suburbia and pretends to be at Le Mans as she takes freeway exists at twice the posted speed. She represents precisely why I want an LR - and not whatever she drives. But, then again, I live in Colorado and we plan to go places far different than the grass field she was driving on. As for her comments on the 3rd row seats - has she ever sat in an X5 or any of the other crossovers?

On the other hand, she does represent the market that Acura, BMW, Audi and just about every other car maker are shooting for with at least one of their models. That is why there is nothing out there like the LR4. They have all made compromises in all the wrong places - for what I need.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those who will be waiting until June like me, here is another video (which I expect most have seen) that I like to check out from time to time. Maybe because we have decided to go with the Nara Bronze and that is what is in this vid. Or maybe it is because I am looking forward to "catching air" in my LR4!

Comparison: Land Rover LR4 vs Lexus GX 460 vs Mercedes GL450 - YouTube
I love that video. I miss my Nara Bronze at times, it looked so nice!

awesome-shot_zps9844bfa1.jpg

img_7867_zps6bbfb07b.jpg

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL! That woman is clearly NOT the target market for the LR4! In fact, she would probably love my 2014 MDX as she drives around always-sunny California suburbia and pretends to be at Le Mans as she takes freeway exists at twice the posted speed. She represents precisely why I want an LR - and not whatever she drives. But, then again, I live in Colorado and we plan to go places far different than the grass field she was driving on. As for her comments on the 3rd row seats - has she ever sat in an X5 or any of the other crossovers?

On the other hand, she does represent the market that Acura, BMW, Audi and just about every other car maker are shooting for with at least one of their models. That is why there is nothing out there like the LR4. They have all made compromises in all the wrong places - for what I need.
Hahahaha!

She reminds me of almost every woman in my town. Super annoying.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mbw, that was a hoot! My dad is going to love this.

What did they say? 10 forward gears and 2 reverse? 4 cylinder with 20-something horsepower and still towed a 7-ton, double-decker bus?

Pretty funny to watch this after watching the soccer-mom review on CNet.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mbw, that was a hoot! My dad is going to love this.

What did they say? 10 forward gears and 2 reverse? 4 cylinder with 20-something horsepower and still towed a 7-ton, double-decker bus?

Pretty funny to watch this after watching the soccer-mom review on CNet.

4 cyl, 2 liters, 52 bhp, 23mpg(uk), 60mph top speed.

Pretty sure it was a 4-speed, so 8 forward (with the two speed transfer case). He says 10 speed, because its 8 plus the two reverse.

They say in the first part that it has a drawbar pull of 2k pounds, but as we know, even to this day, they can pull a hell of a lot more.

Soda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got an email from my dealer today. My LR4 will be here a couple weeks early! It should be off the truck by this weekend! Can't wait!

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine, too! It should arrive around May 18. I feel like a kid two weeks before Christmas - a 61 year old kid.

zenphx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny thing. My delivery date also got moved up 2 weeks. May 28th for me. Maybe they finally found those V6's they've been lookin' for....

Is anyone considering an extended warranty? With all the technology in the LR4 (and they're expensive to repair anyway), I'm thinking that down the road things could get nasty; with superchargers, articulating headlights, 5 cameras (vision assist), and mirrors that blink if the guy in the next vehicle passes gas......I'm thinking of investing in the extended warranty. Is anyone familiar enough with them to: 1. recommend them, or not 2. Know the terms (is everything covered? 1yr extra, 3? 5?), 3. comment on whether it will be worth it in the long run

Thx

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635