Placed my order tonight!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't yet ordered the LR4 I want, but I did ask my local dealer about the extended warranty.

I was told it was 4-5k and could be purchased anytime before the manufacturer's warranty expires.

I'll be reiterating this question next time I visit since not all of us are getting the same response.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like something that would be good to get in writing. The stories from the dealerships seem to vary.

zenphx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regarding extended warranty: Here's what I got, so far, from my LR dealer:
Prices:
6years 75,000 miles $3,694
6years 100K miles $4,242
7years100k miles $4,968
You can purchase at any time while the vehicle is still under manufacture original coverage, however, the prices quoted are for at the time of delivery.
The prices increase as you add mileage to your car. EX: If you bought the policy with 25k miles on your vehicle the price would be approximately 15% more.

Q&A:
1. What is the standard warranty? Do you still provide free car during repairs? 4yrs 50k miles, Yes
2. Is this a LRNA or 3rd party warranty?. Who does the service? LRNA. LR
3. Are tech items extra? No
4. Trip interruption protection? $500 at LR discretion
5. Prices negotiable? Maybe

Would like to know what the other 'new' owners find out from their dealers.

Also, for the LR4, I have, so far, nogotiated a price of MSRP - $600. Anyone doing any better?

Last edited:

zenphx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
......just put my Disco II up for sale......that hurts a bit...:)

Soda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, for the LR4, I have, so far, nogotiated a price of MSRP - $600. Anyone doing any better?

Yeah, I did better than that. It probably helps that there are 7 Land Rover dealers within about an hour and a half drive (4 under an hour) from my house. More competition helps.

My LR4 is still at the port! Frustrating! I got so excited because I thought it would be to me by this past weekend. Now my dealer is saying this Friday.... maybe.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My LR4 is still at the port! Frustrating! I got so excited because I thought it would be to me by this past weekend. Now my dealer is saying this Friday.... maybe.

What port? Mine is supposedly in LA waiting for a slot on a truck to Colorado. But they told me it would be the 17th at the earliest. It is more likely I will see it next week.

Soda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Baltimore maybe? Whichever port they come through for the mid-Atlantic.

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I did better than that. It probably helps that there are 7 Land Rover dealers within about an hour and a half drive (4 under an hour) from my house. More competition helps.

When were the negotiations done?
I have 4 dealers within 50 miles, but given dealers resistance to selling to non-locals I'm looking for leverage in the price.
When I put down my deposit my dealer mentioned the price at msrp with no negotiations - nothing set in stone or written down, that was his comment at the time.

Soda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I negotiated when I placed my order. I told him that I wouldn't place an order without agreeing to the final price. I started off by offering $500 over invoice. The sales manager laughed and said "no way." Then it seemed we somehow started negotiating a discount from MSRP. The negotiation went pretty quick from that point. He pretty much told me that he was going to give me his "best deal" and I think he did. I had done my research before going in to place my order and his offer was below what the average buyer was paying as reported by sites like KBB and Edmunds. I tried for a bit more but he wouldn't budge from his "best deal."

Last edited:

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the background Soda. I hope to be able to use a similar process.
I'm concerned being that *if* I get selected to be a part of their next LR4 allotment they may use this type of leverage on me "if you don't take MSRP we'll go to the next person on the list." Anyway, congratulations on your price!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635