Positive visit to the dealer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

techboydino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not often do you hear about positive visits to the dealer. today worked out for me. I have 31,000 on my 06 LR3. I took it in for the rear latch failure, a loose inner tie rod, and the windscreen defroster not working well. the dealer already fixed the rear latch, tie rod, and aligned the vehicle at no charge. the windshield is on order and scheduled to be replaced. I got an LR2 to sport for the day. If your in Southeast PA, Land Rover West Chester is the place to go. :biggrin:

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1 Agree with dino, the service and parts staff at LRWC are very friendly and accomodating. They have been very consistent over the years too.

Having a good relationship with your service manager is important when you own one of these vehicles. This is the first time I've ever had a car dealership phone number programmed into my cell phone ;)

BldrRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll throw in a kudos as well. Paul Gifford at Land Rover Flatirons is an amazing service manager. He always goes the extra mile. I have never had a bad experience and he never short cuts anything.

vladyshka13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately you can't say that abut Albany NY dealer. After each visit I would find more stuff that needed to be taken care. Finally i stopped doing there, and the car is back to normal now.

e24kgold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kathy at Phillips Land Rover in Virginia Beach, Va has been great to me.

armst06

Reaction score
Land Rover in Mt Kisco NY is Great Too

I have had excellent service from LR Mt Kisco in Westchester county NY. They got the front seat leather replaced under warranty when the upholstry around the head rest had pulled away. Super service dept.

adharris70

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found it's best to go to a place where the service men aren't trying to make a big commission and rather just fix the car and send you on your way. That is why I have found to independent repair shops that have repair men that used to work at landrover

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll add my positive experience with Red Noland, Colorado Springs, CO. It was last Friday, and I was getting a transmission fault. But let me backup. We were in on Wed. for the 37,500 mile service. We had planned on waiting for the LR3, but my wife had an OB appointment later that afternoon. We dropped the car off at noon and waited, about 45 minutes later our service writer said they found a leak in the transmission. I have them looking for a leak as I found some slimy stuff on my garage floor. He said that the seal around an electrical connection had started leaking and he had already arranged for a loaner rig to take to the hospital. So we get to the hospital and 1hr turns into 4, which turns into... You know the drill. I took the loaner back to the dealer just before they closed and got our car back.

Now we come to Friday and we have a big ski trip planned with some friends from out of state and are leaving Friday evening as soon as my wife gets home. However, when we went to run some errands I kept getting a Transmission fault code. The day before, my wife noticed the "low coolant" message and I had yet to check it, but I also got that message while running errands. I check the level myself and verify it was low. This is the only negative I have for my report as this should have been topped off on Wed. But I call my service manager and tell him my situation. There are a couple more errands I HAVE to get done and then head to the dealer. At one point during our errands, the tranny got stuck in Park. I had left the car running my with friends as I ran into the store. Upon my return, I could not get it out of park. After I shut the car off and started it again, I was able to operate the shifter normally.

Our writer knew time was very short for us, but in the hr and a half that we spent at the dealer and after running all kinds of diagnostics, he found that oil had gotten on the harness for the transmission, likely causing the fault. They also topped off my coolant and did a pressure test. After finding no more errors, sent us on our way. As much of a headache as this was, our writer did what he could to get us in and out for our unscheduled visit. The LR3 performed like a champ the rest of the weekend!

One could argue that the oil on the harness should have been cleaned, but it's a clear oil, and would have been hard to see. And I work on my own rigs, so I know this sort of thing happens. I won't vouch for the low coolant tho.

So my shout-out goes out to the Red Noland Service dept. I'll also say that I am very pleased with Josh in their sales dept. as well.

J.D.

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Grand Rapids Michigan they have been great to me. they have taken care of issues that others in the state have not.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99