Rear Window behavior - 1 touch down from the driver window control pad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spizzi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright, first I did check the manual and there is no mention of the following behavior that I observed.

I noticed, today, that the 1 touch down from the driver side window control pad for the rear windows will only roll the rear windows down 2 inches on first touch. Then I have to press the 1 touch down buttons again for the rear windows in order for them to go all the way down.

Does anyone else's LR4 do that?

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright, first I did check the manual and there is no mention of the following behavior that I observed.

I noticed, today, that the 1 touch down from the driver side window control pad for the rear windows will only roll the rear windows down 2 inches on first touch. Then I have to press the 1 touch down buttons again for the rear windows in order for them to go all the way down.

Does anyone else's LR4 do that?

My RRS does this. Maybe a smoker's option or something. LOL.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like a safety feature so you don't accidentally roll rear windows all they way down with kids in the back.

As an example, my 997 passenger window will be one-touch to close only once he window is up high enough. Safety feature in case a passenger has his arm on the window sill.

Seems dumb, but if you are used to driving alone you can forget about these situations.

spizzi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like a safety feature so you don't accidentally roll rear windows all they way down with kids in the back.

As an example, my 997 passenger window will be one-touch to close only once he window is up high enough. Safety feature in case a passenger has his arm on the window sill.

Seems dumb, but if you are used to driving alone you can forget about these situations.

Ok, so yours does it too? I guess this is the first time I'm noticing this feature.

Izzyandsue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here on my 2012 LR4, I call it the flatulence evacuation system.

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's standard on LRs. Is a rear vent feature for use when the sun roof is open.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think my 2010 LR4 had this feature. Maybe it's a newer feature?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Train your finger to stay on that button an extra fraction of a second, it will open all the way then.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99