Steering wheel covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BushRover

Reaction score
Ok, this may seem like a cheesy thread but going to ask anyways. Has anyone installed steering wheel covers? I am thinking about putting on the wheelskins, www.Wheelskins.com, and wanted to know if anyone else has out it on and what is your experience with putting it on and long term effects.

I am thinking about the 2 tone color, black and almond, to match the interior.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey BushRover,

I looked into it once, but decided against it because I saw one in person and it looked kinda cheesy. Plus, I am not sure if it would block the heated steering wheel function? I know that's just a comfort thing, but we use it fairly often on cold mornings.

Keep us posted, as I'd love to see pictures if you get one and if it looks nice.

-David

BushRover

Reaction score
David - hey thanks for the response and totally forgot about the heated wheel - will post pics if I decide to do it

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
David - hey thanks for the response and totally forgot about the heated wheel - will post pics if I decide to do it
Definitely! I think depending on the color combo, they may look really cool and offer protection.

CaptainSpalding

Explorer
Reaction score
IMO steering wheel covers are to improve the appearance of steering wheels that have already become tatty looking. Especially if you have a light colored wheel you run the risk of the cover staining the steering wheel beneath. Don't count on an aftermarket accessory cover to keep a pristine wheel pristine.

rostov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heated wheel is an issue, I love it, but I also like thick steering wheel and would love to have a thick cover on it for summer time lets say. But! – What is actually going to happen with that great leather? That is my main concern.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112