Strange behavior

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got the new AMK compressor.

I drove the vehicle for the first time in a few days yesterday (had it parked in Access Height) and it thought it was in Extended Height.

???

I raised it up to Normal any everything was fine. No faults or anything, just seemed weird.

Anyone ever seen this? Call it "EAS Confusion."

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine did the opposite the other day, it thought extended height was normal height. Just set it lowered then back to normal and it corrected itself.

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It has happened to me A LOAD of times actually (too many to count) no faults or anything I just set it up to normal and everything's alright. I have a theory: the lr3 senses the ground too close and thinks it needs to go into extended mode?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope....hoping not to jinx myself. I did powerwash it since then (after an off-roading excursion) and maybe one of the sensors was crudded up...

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They did remember to load the new software for the AMK when they replaced your compressor, yes?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm 90% sure they did. They did the relay, so I can't imagine they'd be on top of that but fail to re-up the software. Plus, wouldn't I be getting faults and such if the old S/W was driving the AMK?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You wouldn't necessarily get a fault - at least not right away - but the new compressor would not operate right on Hitachi software. Someone asked the same "What if I didn't update the software?" question on rangerovers.net, and a LR Master Tech replied:

... it will work without the update, but not correctly. It will also throw a fault eventually, but it should default to normal height with the fault. I have also seen it force the rear axle way high without the update, and I'm not sure why this only happens on some (probably due to the software currently installed, as there were several revisions of the Hitachi software)

The fault it will throw will be for the temp sensor, as the sensor on the AMK is internally monitored, and the Hitachi sends it's temp signal to the ECU.

Anyway, if a dealer installed the new AMK pump I'd obviously expect them to update the software as well since they are doing it by the book... But you never know. My dealer used to forget to reset my Service Interval indicator 2 out of 3 times after a service visit. :wink:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM