Suspension Fault!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve T

Reaction score
OK ...
2011 LR4 HSE. 107k miles.

so I have been receiving Suspension fault messages over the past few days SPORADICALLY. not sure if there is a correlation or not but it has only occurred when the temp has dropped below 35degrees and it has only happened while driving on the highway at speeds above 45mph.

when this FAULT occurred, the suspension seemed to lower all the way to the stops and the ride got real "Bumpy" and message on instrument cluster read something like slow down below 40mph or something.

The EAS controller on the center console did not register any setting.

quick fix - I turned the vehicle off, and then turned it back on and it seemed to reset. then it went through a similar cycle when back on the highway. but not around town when speeds are below 45.

BTW...im NOT driving in OFFROAD height . this only occurred during NORMAL height and the vehicle lowered to ACCESS height or LOWER... since it felt like I was riding on the Bump Stops....

ANY ADVICE or IDEAS??? im going to check it with my GAP iiD tool but I presume it will just say "Suspension Fault".

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your GAP tool will give you an actual code to work with, on what could have caused it.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your GAP tool will give you an actual code to work with, on what could have caused it.

This. Your gap tool will give you an actual code. It's hard to say what it is without a code. Hell, could be hard to say what it is even with a code, but you'll be a lot closer to finding it out.

namenda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had similar issues the past few weeks, when temps here in Chicago dropped to the low 30s. Suspension fault amber light comes on sporadically, two events after driving 40+ miles (100 mile daily work commute), and one event after just a mile of driving. Turning off the vehicle resets the light. Unfortunately, I misplaced my gap tool during a recent move.

Same thing happened last winter. No codes came up with the gap tool at the time.

2012 LR4, 76k miles

Frank Talbert

Reaction score
I also live in Chicago and we own both a Land Rover LR3 and Range Rover Supercharged. The RR also shows sporadic Suspension faults in sub-freezing temps and goes away above 40 degrees. The LR3 also was consistently showing a number of faults mainly suspension. This was traced to the brake light switch which when replaced cured the problem. Go figure. Also, Rovers will show faults with just the slightest under voltage in the battery.

handels

Reaction score
I've had that happen 3-4 times over the last eight years on my 2011. I can get it to reset by stopping the car, engine off, lock car doors and wait a minute or two for computer to reset. Same trick works when the radio won't play or other random things occur.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Codes. We need the codes. But usually is a failing compressor.

Reaction score
Hello, had the same problem a while ago.
I replaced my battery which was getting old and I haven't got any messages since.
The compressor that inflates the airsuspension needs to finish it's cycle and if the voltage of the battery is low it somethings can't finish and gives a fault message.
If you turn of the car and back on again it restarts and finishes it's cycle. It's a work around but I would recommend to swap your battery. If that doesn't work, your compressor needs to be replaced I guess.
Good luck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA