Suspension Lowering Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McAnally

Reaction score
I'm sorry if this has been covered before, but I did a search for it and couldn't find anything. Our LR3 will raise to off road height without issue and when driving if I go above 30 mph it will lower to normal ride height. However, when I hit the switch to lower the height from off road to normal nothing happens as well as when I hit the switch after turning off the engine to go to the "loading" height. I also tried to reset the Land Rover button on the key fob to do this, but go no indication that the switch was being pressed. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if there maybe a problem with the switch it's self. To be honest this is the first vehicle I've had that I actually needed the owners manual for and for some reason mine came with all the 07 HSE docs and not the 05 docs(would these be the same for the most part?). Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks in advance.

S/F

Dave Legacy

Reaction score
So the suspension DOWN switch doesn't work at all? Hmmm... I feel like someone from LRRF may have gotten stuck in Offroad Mode once so you might try to search there.

kingfishgrapeja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the FOB to work the flashers must be on and the doors closed. I wonder if you might have a bad door switch.

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it goes up normally and just not down I would say it is likely a problem with the switch itself. If a beverage has been spilled on the switch it is likely bad. Best thing to do is just take it into a shop where they can test the switch electronically. IDS/T4 can do this as well as a Faultmate...

McAnally

Reaction score
Thank for the suggestions. Personally I felt it could be something as easy as the switch as well. Forgive my ignorance but what is LRRF?

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99