Talk me Down !!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Expat93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I here everyone, and I discount nothing. My problem with the whole thing boils down to pics like these

gu9e3ejy.jpg
nyzabaze.jpg
2asu4ysu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I see pics of a rover off road, it looks like it should be there. ... but these?

Ooops, I missed the turn.
gu9e3ejy.jpg

Ah, parked at the mall... comfy
nyzabaze.jpg

Do I look like a land rover yet?
2asu4ysu.jpg

Last edited:

bgsntth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a GX470, which I liked, but it had a few flaws that drove me nuts, some of which have been alleviated in the newer models. My big beef with the LC is that for such a big truck it has so little room inside - as stated. At 6'3.5" I do not have enough head and leg room in the front, and sitting in the rear, I have to turn sideways and slide in and out.
The GX470 also had a characteristic whereby if no one tire had traction and all were spinning, TC would stop all tires from turning, and you were stuck or finding reverse while your sphincter sucked in. I thought this was alleviated with KDSS and the Crawl feature, but after reading about Petersen's Offroad's long-term 2008 LC, it was still apparent. Not sure about the 2013/14's - but I would check.

Expat93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I'm done...

I've now beat my self up over this subject. I've researched both vehicles extensively, sat-in and studied the LC200, oxed the LR4 for the last 3 years, and through all of my research, I really think that the comparison of the two vehicles is like the ford vs. chevy debate. Both vehicles have pros and cons and those in each camp like what they like. Being a LR guy, the photo captions above made me smile, but was also pretty unfair. I really think that the LC200 modded like we're doing to the LR4 is a bad ass looking vehicle. I might have stated this before, but to me its like the jeep JK, out of the show room, it looks like a mail truck, but 3", new wheels, new tires, and it suddenly looks like a beast. As a matter of fact, all three are like that. I see lots of soccer moms in LR4s stock out of the show room and it always sickens me a little to think that my machine is the same vehicle. Anyway, right now I'm 95% percent on the Land Rover side of the decision, leaving me with the secondary decision on whether to keep my early 11 or trade for a new and late 13. on that one, I'm about 75% on keeping mine to see what the 15 or 16 looks like. I just sold my Audi S4 this weekend, so my date wheels are gone. I'm going to have to commit one way or another.

I did find one great thread over at the Expedition Portal forum which had some really swaying testimonies. If you're interested, check it out here.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...e-from-an-LR-3-4-to-a-200-series-Land-Cruiser

If I'm going to keep my 11, I do need to make a few changes before Overland Expo. I'm running 275/55/20s on Redbourne Dukes with Johnson Rods + 20mm on the GAP. It still rubs a little and all the rubber on the ground makes it feel a little sluggish. I make take a mulligan and order the compros and put 32's on. That should allow me to remove the johnsons and run at about +50 on the GAP which would give a better ride. This is a rant fo another thread, but thanks to all of you who have given your thoughts. Sometimes my decisions make sense and sometimes its just the ADD talking.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know the captions were a bit unfair and biased... but I want you to stick around. :p

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know the captions were a bit unfair and biased... but I want you to stick around. :p
Me too. Then again, I am just a little biased. :)

Actually.... I had my TPMS units installed today (finally) and talked to a guy who came with a completely stock LR3. He was pretty impressed with my truck, but wondered why I would modify it at all (wheels, tires, etc.) and not just get a more "capable SUV". Hahaha.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a great thread over on expo portal. Makes we want to go buy another LR4.

I wish my wife loved them as much as I do.. i want to get her into an lr2 or something, she likes large windows. She says she likes the newer Lexus RX350 or whatever they are... i think those things are kinda ugly, super rounded, the interior is just crazy.. but whatever I guess. She drives a 2002 Lexus RX300 right now, its a coach edition so it doesnt look dated like the other two tone versions. Just changed the pads/rotors yesterday on it.

I'd love to just buy her a Jaguar F-Type, but she will want something she can haul the kids around with. Man i want one of those things though.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've now beat my self up over this subject. I've researched both vehicles extensively, sat-in and studied the LC200, oxed the LR4 for the last 3 years, and through all of my research, I really think that the comparison of the two vehicles is like the ford vs. chevy debate. Both vehicles have pros and cons and those in each camp like what they like. Being a LR guy, the photo captions above made me smile, but was also pretty unfair. I really think that the LC200 modded like we're doing to the LR4 is a bad ass looking vehicle. I might have stated this before, but to me its like the jeep JK, out of the show room, it looks like a mail truck, but 3", new wheels, new tires, and it suddenly looks like a beast. As a matter of fact, all three are like that. I see lots of soccer moms in LR4s stock out of the show room and it always sickens me a little to think that my machine is the same vehicle. Anyway, right now I'm 95% percent on the Land Rover side of the decision, leaving me with the secondary decision on whether to keep my early 11 or trade for a new and late 13. on that one, I'm about 75% on keeping mine to see what the 15 or 16 looks like. I just sold my Audi S4 this weekend, so my date wheels are gone. I'm going to have to commit one way or another.

I did find one great thread over at the Expedition Portal forum which had some really swaying testimonies. If you're interested, check it out here.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...e-from-an-LR-3-4-to-a-200-series-Land-Cruiser

If I'm going to keep my 11, I do need to make a few changes before Overland Expo. I'm running 275/55/20s on Redbourne Dukes with Johnson Rods + 20mm on the GAP. It still rubs a little and all the rubber on the ground makes it feel a little sluggish. I make take a mulligan and order the compros and put 32's on. That should allow me to remove the johnsons and run at about +50 on the GAP which would give a better ride. This is a rant fo another thread, but thanks to all of you who have given your thoughts. Sometimes my decisions make sense and sometimes its just the ADD talking.
I loved reading through this thread - thanks!!!

I completely agree with some of the comments on both sides, as it is a tough decision having driven a 2013 LC and 2011/2013 LR4 (with and without the HD package).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72