Timing chain…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gillygong

Reaction score
Might be above my pay grade to further diagnose as you suggest. Are cam actuator degrees and timing PIDs something I can see with the gap tool?

The maintenance you had on yours, was it throwing misfire codes too? Are you saying here the misfires and possible chain slack are related? What part of the sound in the video is the exhaust noise you are referring to, how would you characterize it?

powershift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might be above my pay grade to further diagnose as you suggest. Are cam actuator degrees and timing PIDs something I can see with the gap tool?

The maintenance you had on yours, was it throwing misfire codes too? Are you saying here the misfires and possible chain slack are related? What part of the sound in the video is the exhaust noise you are referring to, how would you characterize it?

Mine didn't have codes before the chain was replaced. I was just making suggestions since its hard to tell what the problem is from here. It is possible that misfires and too much slack in the chain are related, if in fact your chain has too much slack.

dlimanov

Reaction score
the noise doesn’t sound too terrible but the chain slack does seem more excessive than normal. hope I’m wrong but if it quacks like a duck..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV