Towing a uhaul trailer. What do I need?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm towing a 5'x10' u-haul trailer on Wednesday. I had the dealer install the wiring and hitch when I bought the car but I'll probably need some other things to attach the trailer. Anyone got any ideas?

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The harness has the 4-flat plug that is common on most trailers, so yo should be set there. If you have the receiver, you are getting warmer. What you may not have is the drawbar, the male piece with the ball on the end that the trailer actually attaches to. You could by one from the LR store, but I suspect that the U-haul place may be able to rent with the trailer, or sell @ a reasonable rate.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, that sound like what I need: a drawbar (and the ball thingy). The problem is that the nearest LR store is in Portland (about 100 miles away from me) and I need this thing tomorrow morning. I guess that I'm banking on the uhaul place having one but either way I'm going to go down to uhaul today and let them tell me if I need anything else.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink