Transmission Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tyatnu82

Reaction score
Bought my 2015 LR4 back in April. I have driven about 2500 miles on it so far and have noticed that there seems to be an issue with the transmission. Whenever I am decelerating to a complete stop, right before I come to a complete stop the LR4 seems to downshift hard from 2nd to 1st, creating a hiccup like effect.
I brought it to the dealership and they flushed the transmission and reset the transmission software. It was fine driving it home that night, but over the past few days has seem to come back.
Has anyone else experienced any similar problems with the transmission

LR4USN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My thought is the trans is adaptive and adjusting to your style. My 8 speed ram does the same thing. Sorta jump down shift to first depending on how your stopping and moving forward.

My sister has the new Chrysler 200 with 9 speed and it does the same thing the ram does. She took it back for a look see and said they updated the software but it still does the same thing.

Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't comment on the 2015 8-speed, but with the 6-speed if you just about come to a stop then accelerate quickly there is a "hiccup" and short delay while the transmission seems confused. If you come to a complete stop this doesn't happen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72