Try To Keep The Abuse to a Minimum . . .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davidfkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK folks . . . high country style slidders vs RS style sliders . . .

One bolts to sill and one to frame . . .

We all know there are as many views on advantages/disadvantages as there are people . . . . but what are the thoughts about the level of dificulty/type of terrain when a sill mounted solution will start to damage the body or not provide adequate protection

This is coming from the point of view of wanting to do off-roading, but probably not getting really ******** . . .

At what point do the stronger sliders become recomended . . .

Team Jeff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While I have no experience with these specific sliders on this particular vehicle, I have done a bit of rock crawling in the past & have absolutely hammered a set of body mount sliders with no damage to the vehicle.

davidfkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks.
If this thread starts to bother people, I will request it be terminated.

-David

Team Jeff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks.
If this thread starts to bother people, I will request it be terminated.

-David

I think it's a great topic & look forward to comments from people who have used both setups!

Trynian

Reaction score
As has been discussed over and over. None protect as much as RS. You get what you pay for.

I have seen people with lessor protection like hi-country sliders, break compressors, dent sills and take other damage on easy trails.

Anytime off road you take the chance of damage, lessor protection is exactly that.

Last edited:

Neild

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MY advice is to get the best you can afford. If you can afford $500, do it, if you can afford $1500 do that. Only you will know whay you will need them for.

Terrain will count too!

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There really isn't any comparison to be made.

davidfkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I realize this topic has been exhaustively commented on . . . but I thought I would bring it up as I have found sill-based protectors at a "good" cost vs the frame-based sliders . . . and just wanted to get some input s to how the two compare . . .

Hope I did not irritate . . .

Last edited:

blackforestham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would look at it this way...an "occasional" off-roader who visits rock gardens less than 2 times a year has less familiarity with his/her rig (in this particular environment) and is more likely to pick a bad line, get into a damage situation or worse. Based on this, I would recommend the BEST available protection to minimize overall damage. On the other hand...an extremely experienced rockcrawler will definitely push his/her rig to the limits requiring the BEST available protection. Either way, purchase the best protection that you can. If it means waiting that extra year before installing sliders, be happy with the decision and enjoy the more moderate trials in the mean time. RS.

davidfkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not so much cost - though that IS a consideration . . . it just seems that there a lot of day-to-day issues w/the RS style with regards to service - need to remove for the dealer maintenance, noise( odd sounds mentioned in other threads) . . .

Thoughts?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM