Upper control arm prices

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotta get my front upper control arms done, 2 shops want to charge me near 1600ish with a 4 wheel alignment included. I live in Southern California but, Is that reasonable? My lower control arms were around 1000 maybe 1200 with an alignment.

Thanks!

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(Update) talked to the guys at one of the shops and they said they could give me 1400 out the door for alignment and everything. Still not super psyched about the cost but less is less.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought the parts from Advanced Factors UK. Lemforder (which I gather is the OEM supplier) plus hardware for $260 to my door in about 2 days. You can see if anyone will let you supply your own parts, which may cut the cost considerably.

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A friend in Seattle was just quoted $2100 for lower arms, plus $270 for the alignment, at the dealer, for context. An absolute ripoff if you ask me.

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A friend in Seattle was just quoted $2100 for lower arms, plus $270 for the alignment, at the dealer, for context. An absolute ripoff if you ask me.
Dealer is the problem there.

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought the parts from Advanced Factors UK. Lemforder (which I gather is the OEM supplier) plus hardware for $260 to my door in about 2 days. You can see if anyone will let you supply your own parts, which may cut the cost considerably.

I asked both of the reputable places and both said no. I’ll keep searching but I’m probably going to be getting it done Monday for 1400 unless that’s a bad price.

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've resigned myself to the fact that any repair that requires going to the shop, the bill will be in the $1500 range... I'm trying to do more and more myself...

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
Has anyone tried doing the front ucas themselves? If so, how do you get the bolts off and torque it down to spec?

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This video makes it look not too hard. I bought the parts a few weeks ago after I watched it.

Of course, motivating myself to actually do the job is something else, as I don't really think I need it done right now.

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have a ball joint separator that you'd recommend? I bought the harbor freight one but it was too small, ended up doing my tie rods with a pickle fork which absolutely destroyed the old joint's boots. Plus I don't really care for the impacts on the knuckle, so would prefer to use a separator next time.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okamgba1463