Water Pump Hose - is it covered under Factory Warranty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spizzi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey folks - I tried searching the forum ahead of time but does anyone know if hoses are covered under the Factory Warranty? Reason I ask is I went in for a check-up and the Tech indicated some hoses are showing signs of leakage. I figured if they were under warranty, the Tech would have simply replaced.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks!

-spizzi

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those hoses should not be "wear and tear" parts like a brake pad or wiper blade, so they should be covered in my opinion. Sure it's not the water pump, though? Mine was replaced - twice - under warranty because it leaked, however slightly. It would be strange if a car as new as yours had hoses leaking already.

https://app.box.com/s/ec5vpcd0yiewrfolajpy19peq52b87am

Last edited:

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here - our gray LR4 had a small coolant leak and the water pump was replaced. I suspect your water pump is leaking and not a hose.

chinochulo

Reaction score
I had my water pump changed at an indie shop since the vehicle was out of warranty. According to the shop manager this is a problem with LR3s and LR4s.

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took my 1 year old 9k mile LR4 in for its first year service and was told the water pump needs to be replaced!
No issue with leaks or overheating (except for a few small puddles right behind the left rear passenger door that I'm not convinced were from my car).

First I'm surprised this is still an issue at the end of the '14 run and second I'm anxious if the repair will be done correctly. Yeesh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM