Water tank under cargo area floor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

navigare

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the water needs to be secured? I still think it is much better for delicate tools/components/spare parts than water. I see you want to build a shower. Simple is best, buy a gravity solar shower and hang it on the outside of your vehicle. Ask the Aussies what they do. It seems hot, dusty and dry there ;)
Any Aussies here, or do you know a good Aussie LR forum?

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are a few kicking around on this site somewhere. One of then moved the spare and put an extra large petrol tank in it's place.

Nick Schoeps

Reaction score
I swear I've seen one for sale by an Australian company - it was a welded steel insert that fits where the 3rd row seats would live.

I've often wondered whether I could just do a soft-sided bladder in that spot . . .

roverca

Reaction score
Was thinking the same thing. Saw the Front Runner Aux fuel tank that goes where the spare is. My tires are too big for that space to be used for a spare. Was debating using for water or fuel but definitely wanted to one of the two. If you removed the heat shield maybe it could heat up the water a bit? I like that it is low and under the car for weight distribution. Stopping so often on road trips might lean me to the fuel option though...

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remember in a pinch you can drink/bath in gasoline but your Rover can't run on water.

HarryO

Reaction score
G’Day All - hot, dusty Aussie here

Not 100% finished yet but I have mounted 2 x 40L tanks in the rear of my D4 after removing the back seats - whole system bolts into the existing seat mountings and it only raised the floor level by about 100mm. Real low close to centre of gravity.

20136872-5E0B-43BB-9D8D-F6C28512F59C.jpeg

921F39D5-E42B-4A66-BAD8-0C5ABA939CBE.jpeg

B594317A-B528-4429-95D8-7F2274F29C52.jpeg

Last edited:

navigare

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have you thought about the rear passenger door well? You could use some sort of bladder arrangement with a submersible pump.
You mean the space under the rear passangers' feet? Front Runner has something like that and I even bought it once but then returned it because it wobbled. And more to the point, we sometimes actually have rear passangers (our daughter and her friend), and there's no way they could live with it for anything longer than a brief commute...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut