What did you do with your Lr4 Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone telling me a Land Rover needs no work unsettles me, so last night I went ahead and ordered the pipes online so that I may satisfy the Rover gods.

The Land Rover Derangement Syndrome is real when we get so twisted up that an honest indy sends us into spirals of paranoid cynical mistrust simply by telling us not to throw parts at our cars, lol. We’ve all been there.

DrTobiasFunke

Reaction score
Just did the water pump and crossover pipes, the crossover pipes looked great, wasnt sure why I needed to change but for the mileage being at 74.4k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess it’s not surprising that in a thread titled “What did you do with your LR4 today?”, 50% of the replies would be repair-related, LOL.

[Speaking of which, I just received the AtlanticBritish kit to replace the failing actuator, latch, and vapor barrier for my liftgate. I’m praying for one more open cycle on that gate so I don’t have to do it manually from the cargo area. Sacrificing a chicken to the Land Rover gods before I begin that project...]

Michael Conley

Reaction score
I guess it’s not surprising that in a thread titled “What did you do with your LR4 today?”, 50% of the replies would be repair-related, LOL.

[Speaking of which, I just received the AtlanticBritish kit to replace the failing actuator, latch, and vapor barrier for my liftgate. I’m praying for one more open cycle on that gate so I don’t have to do it manually from the cargo area. Sacrificing a chicken to the Land Rover gods before I begin that project...]

I did mine earlier this year as mine was starting to fail, shouldn't take very long (other than cleaning up the old water shredder). Follow some of the other tips like tying the actuator's cable connection just in case as that's known to slip. Be careful with the screws that hold the bottom tailgate trim, I ended up screwing a little too hard and cracked the washers.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Follow some of the other tips like tying the actuator's cable connection just in case as that's known to slip. Be careful with the screws that hold the bottom tailgate trim, I ended up screwing a little too hard and cracked the washers.

Thanks I'm looking for all the tips I can find. I also saw one video recommending NOT to install the black plastic cover that comes with the so-called improved actuator. That cover could make access very difficult if it fails in the future and requires another emergency release from the cargo area.

Is the water barrier cleanup a simple but tedious matter of Goo-Gone and some scrubbing/scraping, or is there a better way using heat or something else to remove it with minimal residue? Thx.

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I keep telling my wife that eventually we will buy and install some "fun" mods (armor, ARB front bumper, sliders, A FRIDGE) but it seems like 70,000 miles requires cascading maintenance lol.

"Sorry, my love. The $400, clicking cooling fan trumps cold drinks and baby snacks."

"Oh, I don't think that it is shifting right. Let's drop $400 on a zip kit and transmission pan. We can just use a cooler for now. I'm sure that there won't be any necessary repairs during tax season."

Good luck with your install!

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not really the cars fault, but I picked up a screw close to the sidewall of my rear tire. I probably have at least 5 plugs in this set of tires, so off they go.

Can't get the 18" wheels I want right now (Tuffant's are out of stock) so I'm going to throw on a set of Toyo ATIII's and go from there lol.

LB Bill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to throw on a set of Toyo ATIII's and go from there lol.
So far you win 'Today'. That's a $grand$ +/- if you do five of them. Let us know what you think after you roll around on them for a while.
(Right now, I can't afford the 18's I would want). May just go to the car wash later and call it a day.

DonC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Added some TF wheel spacers I picked up from LKY8 during the black friday sale. Nice to have some help this time when the little one drove up in her rover. Up next will be new ball joints, tie rod ends, and axle seals for the D2. Lets see if she will try to help with that one.
20201204_184021.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72