with all the mpg concerns

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

dronedog

i was looking at www.roveraccessories.com the other night and saw their K&N air breather system. i have talked to other guys who have put a similar set up on their trucks or suv's and think they help the mileage and power. now this guy claims at least a 10% improvement on MPG. i am not sure how accurate that is but i was wondering if someone had tried one of these systems with another Disco or RR and had good results. if indeed it can increase your mileage 10% or so, it would pay for itself.
The Dog

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just like some products give you "10% more power." 10% is nice, because it's hard to prove one way or the other... and nobody bothers to do controlled tests. :)

I doubt it can hurt using it... but seriously, if you are worried about MPG... you've bought the wrong vehicle.

L

lacarruk1

grommet said:
Just like some products give you "10% more power." 10% is nice, because it's hard to prove one way or the other... and nobody bothers to do controlled tests. :)

I doubt it can hurt using it... but seriously, if you are worried about MPG... you've bought the wrong vehicle.
Grommet,

What kind of mpg are you getting generally? I spoke to my dealer the other day and he said between 14 and 15 between a healthy mix of city and hwy is the norm.

What do you think?

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My daily mixed use MPG average is generally between 14-15 MPG, though it's been getting worse as I've been stuck on surface streets more than I like lately. (I think my "computer" currently says 14.1 MPG -- not sure what reality is for this tank yet.) I think I posted my various MPG results in our numerous MPG threads... browse away. :)

S

schafari

I have always had K&N filters for my vehicles as soon as I could get them. I didn't really notice any mpg increases, and frankly, I can't see how that would be possible. I have had nothing but good experiences wiht my K&N filters. Mostly for Audi and VW products until now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72