Yet Another Air Suspension Query

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigbris1

Reaction score
I just bought a 97 4.6 HSE Kensington & the air ride was working when I got it. It would dip at highway speeds, etc. On the drive home from Connecticut to NYC I got the "soft fault" with the Christmas tree lights & now I can't adjust the height by using the switch. I did O.D. on the switch at a rest stop a bit before reading the manual warning me not to fool with the switch too much back to back.

It still adjusts automatically when in Park & when a door is opened, then closed. The PO had the rear bellows replaced shortly before. What do you guys think? Do I need a Testbook for this or is there some other sort of reset I can do?

I just got a workshop manual on CD & can't find anything DIY regarding a reset.

Thanks!

A

AVRO

I think all what you can do is test air lines and fittings for leak, soft fault should go away by restart if fault is just temporary. Height sensor etc etc, are hard to troubleshoot without diagnostic system.

I have had "soft fault" few times, but everytime it came during offroad when axles articulate to their limits. Fault code was "height sensor out of range", restart cures problem.

Is your alternator and battery ok? First symptom about my alternator problem was half dead EAS, soon i got other faults also.

bigbris1

Reaction score
I think the battery & alt are fine. I left the lights on a good part of the day then when I went out she started right up. The EAS adjusts pretty quickly when I start or park.

Sometimes when I put it in park & take the key out quickly, either the front or rear will go to extended mode. When I start it again it levels out. Maybe another clue.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99