100,000 Mile Club

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At the point my LR3 is built just the way I like it for my mix of off-roading and city driving. PLUS...I have the title and don't want a car payment. So I'm not in the market for a long time. By then in fact, I'll be looking at the LR 7!

Trynian

Reaction score
At the point my LR3 is built just the way I like it for my mix of off-roading and city driving. PLUS...I have the title and don't want a car payment. So I'm not in the market for a long time. By then in fact, I'll be looking at the LR 7!

That is why I will keep mine at least as my offroad vehicle even if I decided to get another Rover of some kind. Especially after I just installed the heavy duty package.

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With today's economy , i am glad , that i purchased one on auto auction in '08.It was a bad time to buy an SUV with gas prices well above 4.00 dollars, but my decision paid off ...for a while , at least.I have no monthly payments, so i have some resources left to concentrate on maintaining my LR3 well.Just today I changed an engine oil and filter ..again, while doing that , i cleaned and lubricated transmission pivot level, hood latches, changed air filter and checked for air suspension leaks among other things.tomorrow I am planning to replace a compressor dryer and use most of O-rings and springs from Com. repair kit, although, there are white markings on my compressor , meaning , that it has been "enhanced" once(updated), but , that mast have been , before I purchased my car, which is more than 3 years a go , so i decide it to update it again. I have 105.000 miles driven on my LR3 and it is still a dream to drive .I like LR4 , but If anything , i will look towards a engine swap from it, rather , than buying the whole car , if it is , off course , possible and cost effective.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is why I will keep mine at least as my offroad vehicle even if I decided to get another Rover of some kind. Especially after I just installed the heavy duty package.

Absolutely...but if I bought a second vehicle for street-only it would not be a Rover. It would have an AMG badge or maybe be a 535i.

huelsmma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 108k on my 06' and had the front wheel hub replaced this morning after some grinding noise when I was turning the wheels right.

Next week, Im going to be doing some regular maintenance that was probably supposed to be done at 90k, I drive about 34k miles/yr, so frequently changing oil and rotating my tires. List includes changing out front/rear diff fluids, tbox case fluid, spark plugs, rear brake pads, pollen & air filters. Will be ordering a new pair of Cooper Zeons here within the next month or two then have an alignment done.

At some point I will most likely trade it in for an LR4 but will hold off for right now and enjoy what I have:)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo