2013 to 2014 Face Lift Headlight Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlach993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the 10-13 headlights are better than the newer headlights. Light output is way better. I drove both a 2011 and a 2015 and the 2011 is way better. I swapped in some new xenons in the 2011 housing and man on man they light up down two nyc blocks.

wallyyfm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man I cannot agree with that sorry, my gf and I were amazed by the new 2014+ headlights. It was like those colorblind people getting those new glasses.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the 10-13 headlights are better than the newer headlights. Light output is way better. I drove both a 2011 and a 2015 and the 2011 is way better. I swapped in some new xenons in the 2011 housing and man on man they light up down two nyc blocks.

You put xenons in the stock halogen housing?

jlach993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You put xenons in the stock halogen housing?
no it had xenons already, but the bulbs were like 10 year old. The brights are halogens which i'm sure you know, i didn't swap those. i guess the output degrades overtime with the xenon bulbs. With new xenon bulbs in, it was a huge difference. i also adjusted/aimed the headlights for the first time. Maybe thats why i'm happier with the output.

Last edited:

jlach993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man I cannot agree with that sorry, my gf and I were amazed by the new 2014+ headlights. It was like those colorblind people getting those new glasses.
maybe the older assembly weren't aimed correctly? The new one probably looks brighter to you because they're aimed better. i use my brights a lot in rural areas and the older unit keeps the low beams on as a fill in and they have more output. The newer assembly shuts the low beams off when the brights flicker on. Honestly i should say they're both way better than other different branded truck i've driven in the past...

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maybe the older assembly weren't aimed correctly? The new one probably looks brighter to you because they're aimed better. i use my brights a lot in rural areas and the older unit keeps the low beams on as a fill in and they have more output. The newer assembly shuts the low beams off when the brights flicker on. Honestly i should say they're both way better than other different branded truck i've driven in the past...

I went from the pre-facelift xenon housings to the post-facelift euro code xenon housings (bought from the same place as @wallyyfm ) , and I think the post-facelift euro housings are miles better.

Both were aimed correctly. The pre-facelift housings were only a few years old with brand new xenon bulbs in them at the time of installation.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is my post from when I installed the post-facelift headlight housings in November 2020.

As stated there, the lowbeam is an easy win for the post-facelift housings.

On high beams, the pre-facelift housings allow for both the low and highbeam bulbs to be on at the same time (post-facelift housings use one bulb for both), which is brighter. But there are good arguments to be made that brighter isn't necessarily better as you are trying to keep your eyes adjusted to one relative brightness as you switch between low and highbeams.

wallyyfm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude I tried aiming everything. When I first got the truck they were great. Then they started to get dim. I replaced bulbs, was a little better. Then in pitch black I noticed the low beams were too low. Raised them to an acceptable level now my high beams are in the sky. The hell with these lights. Best $1300 I spent was on those new headlights.

wallyyfm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Folks, these Morimoto’s are trash. I spent the time aiming them but the beam pattern is so thin it’s just dumb. The light output wasn’t great but the reason I bought these was they came with a direct fit bracket.

Do the squadrons come with a LR pattern mounting bracket? Is that an option?

I’d take the stock Valeo fogs over these things any day.

Attachments

• 70296ACB-75F4-4FB8-90EA-CEFDAFFA7657.jpeg
    70296ACB-75F4-4FB8-90EA-CEFDAFFA7657.jpeg
    73.1 KB · Views: 40
  • CF1852A7-4E2D-4364-BCBA-7BC9A91C6B43.jpeg
    CF1852A7-4E2D-4364-BCBA-7BC9A91C6B43.jpeg
    79.6 KB · Views: 39

wallyyfm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know I’m just gonna drop in some new halogen hella bulbs and be done with it lol.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA