2014 Oil Leak???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Waterndirt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got back from running errands around town. Parked truck in driveway. As I was working in the garage I noticed some water dripping from the front of the truck. Figuring it was A/C condensation, I passed on looking. Wife just left to run her own errands and I took a second look as it wasn't acting like water any more.

Assuming the oil is from the truck.. Maybe I picked up a complimentary quart while I was filling up at the gas station. :confused:

I'll update as soon as I get the truck back.

In the meantime, can someone verify that the oil on my finger looks like OEM Land Rover oil? :help:

Attachments

• IMG_1068.JPG
    IMG_1068.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1066.jpg
    IMG_1066.jpg
    817.9 KB · Views: 31

Waterndirt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like there could be water in the system to me…

:goodnight <------ I never thought I'd use this smilie.

Biagetti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow... it appears milky. Crazy to see that on a brand new vehicle, good luck!

Waterndirt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely looks like oil in the coolant to me.

:bawling:

I'm tempted to hand both sets of keys back to dealer and ask for my money back as my worst fears have come true. Does anyone have any suggestions / experience with catastrophic warranty issues and consumer rights, especially given LR's track record?

Attachments

• IMG_1079.JPG
    IMG_1079.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 39

Soda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bad head gasket. Wow. How many miles are on it? I'd think Land Rover would take care of you.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bad head gasket. Wow. How many miles are on it? I'd think Land Rover would take care of you.
That's what I was thinking as well.

I don't think you have a case to get your money back at this point, but I would definitely keep track of any future problems. Land Rover will take care of it with no problem, but I understand your frustration.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3475 miles. :musicus:

Waterndirt:

Being that I have recently been in the same boat as you with a different issue feel free to reach out to me via PM and we can discuss. My vehicle recently spent 23 days in the shop and has since then spent another 3-4. Mine was purchased after yours was.

epiclr4

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely looks like oil in the coolant to me.

:bawling:

I'm tempted to hand both sets of keys back to dealer and ask for my money back as my worst fears have come true. Does anyone have any suggestions / experience with catastrophic warranty issues and consumer rights, especially given LR's track record?

That is just crazy. I would absolutely push to see if you could get a replacement vehicle. That's a serious factory flaw right there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM