2014 Oil Leak???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rovernut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure you know your states Lemon Laws as it's not just three strikes and your out, it's also days in the shop vs ownership in many states. Based on how long it's taking to get new orders filled I can only imagine how long it will take to tear down and re-build the motor.

Document EVERYTHING in writing. While everyone may appear to be your friend and have your best interests at heart, they are only protecting themselves and their product (sorry to be so cynical but better to be proactive than re-active). Any conversations should be followed up with emails to all, take NOTHING verbally, you want it all in writing, reports, findings, solutions, parts, EVERYTHING. If you are prepared and show them you are not playing a game here, they will (or should) act accordingly. As well, LRNA should be included in all this correspondence too so hopefully this is escalated and things are pushed forward as quickly as possible. They have a lot of your money and right now you have an unusable vehicle!

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure you know your states Lemon Laws as it's not just three strikes and your out, it's also days in the shop vs ownership in many states. Based on how long it's taking to get new orders filled I can only imagine how long it will take to tear down and re-build the motor.

Document EVERYTHING in writing. While everyone may appear to be your friend and have your best interests at heart, they are only protecting themselves and their product (sorry to be so cynical but better to be proactive than re-active). Any conversations should be followed up with emails to all, take NOTHING verbally, you want it all in writing, reports, findings, solutions, parts, EVERYTHING. If you are prepared and show them you are not playing a game here, they will (or should) act accordingly. As well, LRNA should be included in all this correspondence too so hopefully this is escalated and things are pushed forward as quickly as possible. They have a lot of your money and right now you have an unusable vehicle!

This is exactly the same process I shared already and have been doing the same with my issues on my 2014. Everyone should always e-mail and keep documentation on what happens.

My question for anyone out there who has had warranty work with their LR dealer is : How long does it take for them to give you documentation or some sort of receipt for the work done on the vehicle under warranty?

My dealership has yet to give me documentation from the work they did on my vehicle when they had it for 20+ days. This is starting to worry me.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is exactly the same process I shared already and have been doing the same with my issues on my 2014. Everyone should always e-mail and keep documentation on what happens.

My question for anyone out there who has had warranty work with their LR dealer is : How long does it take for them to give you documentation or some sort of receipt for the work done on the vehicle under warranty?

My dealership has yet to give me documentation from the work they did on my vehicle when they had it for 20+ days. This is starting to worry me.
My dealership always gives me the paperwork after the work is complete. In your case, it's been in the shop for so long that I would almost ask for interim documents?

Waterndirt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: Dealer has come to the conclusion that the oil inter cooler lines inside the radiator have been compromised. Cylinders have tested negative for pressure loss.

Dealer is waiting for LR to give them official tear down instructions and parts list to address any affected parts and / or systems. Service rep says this list could be substantial, but stopped short of saying if any major motor work would be necessary.

Updates to follow as I receive them.

Thanks for all the recommendations and support.

For the record...I'd rather be talking about endless tire choices for 18" wheels.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: Dealer has come to the conclusion that the oil inter cooler lines inside the radiator have been compromised. Cylinders have tested negative for pressure loss.

Dealer is waiting for LR to give them official tear down instructions and parts list to address any affected parts and / or systems. Service rep says this list could be substantial, but stopped short of saying if any major motor work would be necessary.

Updates to follow as I receive them.

Thanks for all the recommendations and support.

For the record...I'd rather be talking about endless tire choices for 18" wheels.

Glad to hear they have figured it out. I found that the waiting on LR part seemed to be the worse as they are the ones that figure out how they want the vehicle fixed and the dealership is stuck doing nothing until LR tells them what to do and which parts to order.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd expect a new engine replacement, serious failure. Sure, it can be dismantled and cleaned, but really? Plus, you've driven it in this condition which cannot be good for the motor, proper lubricants etc.. Really sorry.

rovernut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd expect a new engine replacement, serious failure. Sure, it can be dismantled and cleaned, but really? Plus, you've driven it in this condition which cannot be good for the motor, proper lubricants etc.. Really sorry.

Agreed.

Again, based on estimated time out of service, or just due to the fact that your brand new truck is being torn apart and put back together again, you might try and push LRNA for an assisted buyback (that way they don't have to "Lemon" it), the NEXT production slot for a 2015, and any and all goodies added swapped at no charge.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed.

Again, based on estimated time out of service, or just due to the fact that your brand new truck is being torn apart and put back together again, you might try and push LRNA for an assisted buyback (that way they don't have to "Lemon" it), the NEXT production slot for a 2015, and any and all goodies added swapped at no charge.

Yeah, a buyback is probably very valid considering the factors here. It's unfortunate.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM