5.0 LR4 oil catch can non turbo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beartracks31

Reaction score
Has anyone done an oil catch can on the plain 5.0 and if so from where was it purchased and is there any photos of the lines locations? I’m not fully familiar where they are on this engine.

beartracks31

Reaction score
Thank you, it sounds like it isn’t a bad idea to install one. I’ll have to see if I can compare and identify the location of the connections as well as what connection will work.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
You'll need to pop off the PCV tube between the PCV valve cover and throttle body and remove the plastic end connectors with a heat gun. The ONLY non-collapsing vacuum tube I found useful was either 5/8" stainless steel braided hose or nylon braided hose and using AN10 fittings. I couldn't find a baffled straight oil catch can, so I ended up stuffing mine with a lot of stainless steel scouring pads. Not the greatest, but it keeps the oil from directly flying through the catch can.

M32H32IS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll need to pop off the PCV tube between the PCV valve cover and throttle body and remove the plastic end connectors with a heat gun. The ONLY non-collapsing vacuum tube I found useful was either 5/8" stainless steel braided hose or nylon braided hose and using AN10 fittings. I couldn't find a baffled straight oil catch can, so I ended up stuffing mine with a lot of stainless steel scouring pads. Not the greatest, but it keeps the oil from directly flying through the catch can.

How’s it working out for you?

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
It works, but kept finding leaks. Tempted to just weld those extra holes on the catch can shut. I temporarily swapped back to the oem hose, but now I have to walnut blast the intake valves again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM