97 speedo, soft top 3rd brake light and other stuff

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BMGmotors

Reaction score
Okay so as is common w/ the 97 D90, the digital odometer readout on mine wasn't working all the time, I read on east coast rover's site that it was a relatively easy thing to fix so I took it upon myself to take the speedo out of my car and take it apart to see what I could see. Well I didn't see much, put it all back together and basically discovered that I made the situation w/ my speedo even worse, except that maybe now the mileage flickers on a little more often than it used to. Now the needle starts well below 0 mph so I have to take that into account when ever I'm trying to obey the speed limits. I know I could order a new speedo but they're about $400+ and I would much rather keep my original one that has the original miles on it and the original font on the mph numbers. I also don't want to have to keep a document of the mileage the car has on it now and have to add that to whatever a new speedo would indicate whenever that info is necessary. So would anybody happen to know a place/person I could possibly send my speedo to to get all fixed? I found Roverville radio to fix my original D90 Clarion radio so maybe there's someone who can do the same for my speedometer.

BMGmotors

Reaction score
forgot to add, would anyone know where I can get a new 3rd brake light assembly for a D90 soft top? preferably for maybe less than $400-a price which was quoted to me possibly by the dealer or someone else. Maybe it'll have to be either a brake light or a speedo, ha.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I would contact Will Tillery at www.roverguy.com or Nathan in my Signature for both items.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635