Auto Highbeam Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michael Conley

Reaction score
Anyone gone through with incremental upgrades like this? I understand it's included with the LUX package but I got used to the feature when I had a loaner while my truck was in the shop.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to guess this would require an ECU change, similar to the auto levelling headlights. You'd also need to install a sensor somewhere.

I'm not even mentally prepared to think of all the stuff you'd have to change to get this to work. You'd be better served getting a different car.

Michael Conley

Reaction score
I'm going to guess this would require an ECU change, similar to the auto levelling headlights. You'd also need to install a sensor somewhere.

I'm not even mentally prepared to think of all the stuff you'd have to change to get this to work. You'd be better served getting a different car.

Haha, yeah I was thinking the same thing. From what I've found it looks like the sensor is in the rear view mirror (used on for sale from a salvo) but I figure the instrument panel might need to be upgraded to allow for the additional indicators and GAP tool to reprogram ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Stephenrayberry

Reaction score
I've used the GAP tool on my 2011 LR4 and programmed it to have the Auto High Beam function. My mirror loos to have the sensor in it, so I was hoping that it would work, but it has not. I'm going to play around with it a little more. Mine is a HSE LUX edition, so not sure what is going on. I have had a couple other quirks about this one though, stuff even the dealer is confused about, almost like it wasn't a LUX, but someone tried to convert it. The VIN does show HSE LUX in the system though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM