Been thinking about switching it up...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
An Infiniti QX will easily top $78K.

OK, that's funny right there. :laugh:

But yeah, we are in a world where a nicely optioned 3-series (not an M) will push $60K, and a vanilla 911 coupe will easily go over $100K. Turbos are $150k+ and as much as $200k!!!:eek:

Jobaker4

Reaction score
Thanks so much guys! You all are awesome as always, really helps to get the perspective. Based on what's been said here I'll investigate CPO, likely will keep my LR4 until warranty is up then change it out. I agree and in fact told my dealer when I bought it that I wouldn't want it past warranty due to reputation. Of course so far the LR4 has proven me wrong with really no issues other than it warping its rotors every 10k (ugh). Land Rover NA's response: "Don't ride your brakes" which is complete BS, considering I drove my former vehicle (2005 BMW X5 4.8is) exactly the same As I drive the LR4 and I only put 1 set of rotors on it in 100k. Ok sorry rant over.

I truly do love my LR4! I have always dreamed of having a RR but you all are right, many people actually confuse the LR4 for the RR as well appointed as it is... Only other drawback to me: have you ever sat in our second row back seats? They SUCK! I haul people back there almost daily... Feel bad for them but oh we'll I guess, love my drivers seat!

Ok off to work, have a good one guys! Oh and if you have suggestions on my recurring rotor issues let me know! LRNA has been of no help.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...but you all are right, many people actually confuse the LR4 for the RR as well appointed as it is

This is how every conversation goes for me.

THEM: So what are you getting when your lease is up?
ME: A Land Rover LR4.
THEM: Aren't those like $80 or 100k?
ME: No, not a Range Rover. A LAND Rover LR4. It's a new Discovery.
THEM: [Blank stare] ... They are still pretty pricey, though right?
ME: Sure, but no more than other premium SUV's you see in the parking lot. Actually they are less than equivalent X5's, ML's, etc.
THEM: Oh. [walking away incredulous]

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score

ME: Sure, but no more than other premium SUV's you see in the parking lot. Actually they are less than equivalent X5's, ML's, etc.
Most people just think the brand is called Range Rover and they are basically all the same model. :)

horatio8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I find amazing about the LR4 is how much you get for the money, IMO, it is and as good as the outgoing FFRR, minus the regal badge and some more interior refinements that put the FFRR so far upmarket. Even my non-LUX LR4 felt way upmarket from its MSRP. The sticker was $56K, and I paid $51K, and it felt like a seventy-thousand dollar vehicle. There is NOTHING out there that is better... or provides what you get with these Rovers. Actually, there was a time where I was able to compare all three models, in one shot, all three non-Lux Land Rovers, the LR4, the RRS and FFRR, at the dealer, and honestly, outside of size, looks, etc., the build qualities and overall package you get were almost exact. Even the non-Lux leather in all three were exactly the same. I always felt like a million bucks in my LR4 and it carries an unmistakable heritage as being unstoppable and so classy.

You're exactly right Count, and as evidence I would point to the crazy high residual value of the LR4 and the lackluster residuals on the FFRR and RRS. I got over 60% of MSRP when I sold my 3 year old LR4. I think the West Coast people are doing even better.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're exactly right Count, and as evidence I would point to the crazy high residual value of the LR4 and the lackluster residuals on the FFRR and RRS. I got over 60% of MSRP when I sold my 3 year old LR4. I think the West Coast people are doing even better.
I paid $51K for my '10 LR4 and kept it for three-years... traded her in for $40K. Unbelievable resale value - on a trade-in! I could have sold it myself and would have likely gotten $44K or so. The FFRR drop like a rock but most luxury cars do. The RRS is okay... nothing like the Discovery line though.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score

This is absolutely so true... I wouldn't tell people what I drove, but when I did, and said, "a Land Rover LR4..." they were like, "You get paid too much." What ever... never even bothered to explain. Little do they know a Suburban can be just as expensive or more. Drive an Escalade and you're getting paid just the right amount. LOL.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paid $51K for my '10 LR4 and kept it for three-years... traded her in for $40K. Unbelievable resale value - on a trade-in! I could have sold it myself and would have likely gotten $44K or so. The FFRR drop like a rock but most luxury cars do. The RRS is okay... nothing like the Discovery line though.

That's outrageous! Good for you!

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is absolutely so true... I wouldn't tell people what I drove, but when I did, and said, "a Land Rover LR4..." they were like, "You get paid too much." What ever... never even bothered to explain. Little do they know a Suburban can be just as expensive or more. Drive an Escalade and you're getting paid just the right amount. LOL.

Exactly.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I paid around $55,000 for my LR4 in 2011 and the dealer ended up selling it for just below $50,000 a couple months ago.

My lease pay off was $36,000 and I got about $46,000 (I think that was it?) for a trade-in value. I made out well :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM