Burping Gas Cap / PO496

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robin Parsons

Reaction score
I have a 2014 LR$. at 40K miles I started to get a CEL, for PO469 "High Purge Flow". Also noticed that the gas cap, only when in gear, would build up pressure and go pop,pop,pop, or burp, burp, burp. My 9 year old says it farts! ;)

When in park, it will burp-pshhhhh, pop and release pressure. Eventually the light will always come on, mostly for the PO496.

Been to dealer 6 or 7 times, they have "updated Software", replaced the gas tank assembly, complete, and I believe the canister purge valve. Finally it went away from about 56500 miles, to 60K miles, now back.

Has anyone else experienced this or similar? Any ideas? I have it scheduled for 60K service and to check again, always get a range rover as a loaner, so don't really mind the trips for service, but emissions warranty will eventually end and I am worried what then, even though it is not a serious code, and I can always clear.

Also, anyone know how to get Elizabeth Hurley's voice for the nav system? ;)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9