Can the front transfer release valve block cause suspension fault?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Roby466

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I just posted in the new member section. I just moved to Canada with a Defender 110 2000. However I have been helping a friend with several air suspension issues on his 2006 LR3.
He had two leaky bags so I replaced the two front ones with Arnott units and they still leak. I can't identify a leak at the airbags anymore so I suspect the transfer release valve block that sits in front of the passenger side (LHD truck) front wheel behind the wheel well cover.
If that valve has an internal leak, it would cause the front of the truck to lower.
However, the truck often has suspension fault and lowers to the bump stops. Can that valve cause that fault? Or should I look elsewhere?
The valve is not that much so we will order it but my nanocom does not scan the Disco 3 (I don't have the unlock codes for that).
Thanks for the help!
David

Mx468

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey David my truck used to drop in the front overnight and I changed out my front valve block. It took me about 45 mins. and truck was cured. No need to remove the wheel. Just turn it and bend back wheel well.

Roby466

Reaction score
I think the slow dropping is due to the valve but the faults that keep coming on, I'm not quite sure... it goes in fault even when it's up so I don't know. I might need to get the dealer to plug it in the computer.

johnsoax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It can definitely cause issues.. I had a broken wire feeding one of the valves in the front valve block, and would get the suspension error, and was stuck at "Normal Height only". Read the code, find out what the issues is. The blocks aren't that expensive, I purchased one before I figured out I had a broken wire.

Roby466

Reaction score
Front valve block replaced. So far (the last few hours) seem good so lets hope it stays that way...