Discovery 2 suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

willellis

Reaction score
Hi. I'm Will and have a 04MY Disco 2 GS7 with 40k on the clock. She's my fourth L-R after a 110 and two 90s.

On a trip to Scotland in April the front end lost its spring control so the front dampers were replaced with OEM ones. This cured the problem for a week or so, then the same happened at the back and new dampers were fitted.

I then found that the vehicle was still banging about on the front (banging in every surface anomaly, white-line fever, understeer etc) but was at the correct ride height according to L-R data. Anyhow I reckoned that the coils could still have enough strength to cope with static weight but not enough for dynamic control so I've fitted a pair of fresh springs.

The front is now okay, but the back is like a ship at sea. She still sits okay and and self levels with weight on board etc but rolls and bobbles about on the road. My local dealer has checked SLABS and there are no error codes and all is okay according to Testbook.

I've checked all links, joints and bushes and all appears okay.

She used to handle really well going through corners fairly flat and used to be a really good 'fast road' press-on machine but now I'm a bit stuck for ideas.

Anybody have any clues??

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99