Everything about tires for LR4/ LR3 with 18" wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2010_RRSport

Reaction score
Supercharged or normally aspirated?

From what I gather, the N.A. vehicles are the same as the LR4, but the Supercharged RRS can't fit 18" wheels.

Naturally Aspirated. My general observation is that they are mostly the same having previously owned a 2012 LR4 for ~7 years though there could be some subtle differences so thought I'd check in before ordering. Planning on a full-size spare as well, pretty sure that area is the same having accessed it a few times on both vehicles.

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright, I have waded through dozens of pages of this thread and think I have it.

I'd like to get out and do some exploring with a minimum of work needed.

Just hoping someone can confirm:

265/60/18 -- fits easy, no modifications needed whatsoever to the wheel well area, no need to deflate spare tire or remove the heat shield.
265/65/18 -- fits fine, no modifications needed whatsoever to the wheel well area, probably need to remove heat shield and store tire partially deflated unless its a smaller tire like the KO2.

Is this correct?

Does it hold true regardless of whether you use a special fit 18 like the Compomotive or that new Dakar wheel, versus LR3 wheels with a 25mm spacer?

BikePilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe that's correct, though I can't comment on the lr3 wheels. I can confirm that 265/60r18 Cooper st Maxx tires fit with no mods and no rubbing, but also no real room to spare. Any material amount larger at all and it definitely wouldn't fit in the spare tire well when inflated. I've got them fitted to BMW wheels which are within a few mm of the compos for offset.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright, I have waded through dozens of pages of this thread and think I have it.

I'd like to get out and do some exploring with a minimum of work needed.

Just hoping someone can confirm:

265/60/18 -- fits easy, no modifications needed whatsoever to the wheel well area, no need to deflate spare tire or remove the heat shield.
265/65/18 -- fits fine, no modifications needed whatsoever to the wheel well area, probably need to remove heat shield and store tire partially deflated unless its a smaller tire like the KO2.

Is this correct?

Does it hold true regardless of whether you use a special fit 18 like the Compomotive or that new Dakar wheel, versus LR3 wheels with a 25mm spacer?

There must be an lr4 driver with lr3 wheels and spacers but my guess is the 265/65x18 on lr3 18" plus a spacer may rub the sliders and the frame horn, most likely i'd bet. Especially because i think the spacer needed is the 1.25 with the 1.0" not enough to clear the brakes without a lot of caliper grinding.

Do a search. "lr4 with lr3 wheels and spacers"

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There must be an lr4 driver with lr3 wheels and spacers but my guess is the 265/65x18 on lr3 18" plus a spacer may rub the sliders and the frame horn, most likely i'd bet. Especially because i think the spacer needed is the 1.25 with the 1.0" not enough to clear the brakes without a lot of caliper grinding.

I ran that setup for years with 1.25 spacers. You will still rub a bit with 265/65r18 because the spacers push the swiveling arc of the front tires further out. They also rubbed my TR sliders very lightly.

I did all the standard mods to get rid of the rubbing.

I also had to grind the calipers a bit when setting up that combination.

Once modded, it was fine. I ran that setup for 40K miles without issue before I got my Compos.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score

It would be really really close. The front fender is closer than the horn. With 265/60x18 there's about 1 fingers width at the front and 2 fingers at the horn. So with 265/65 it would be just about shaving the front I'd say.

Xplorer

Reaction score
Just pulling the trigger on a set of Compos: can anyone confirm they will fit a 2016 LR4 SCV6?

TIA

Last edited:

Xplorer

Reaction score
Just pulling the trigger on a set of Compos: can anyone confirm they will fit a 2016 LR4 SCV6?

TIA
Just got a confirmation from Barry over at Compomotives, UK that the PD 1881s will fit.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
275/70R18 MT TA KM3... Makes me happy. Terrific tire, extremely quiet on road.
L4PqFR2kQ12L5spbOwAIhg.jpg

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
275/70R18 MT TA KM3... Makes me happy. Terrific tire, extremely quiet on road. View attachment 9341

@NASdiesel

Glad to hear that about the KM3. I'm planning on that size/model being my next tire.

Are those TR sliders? Any issue with that size rubbing on the slider? That is my only remaining concern with that tire size.

Wait a minute, that is an LR4, correct? Or did you update the front end of a LR3?

I see a snorkel....if it is a 4, what did you do with the driver's side air intake????

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV