Everything about tires for LR4/ LR3 with 18" wheels

Discussion in 'LR4' started by TLB, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Fergor

Fergor New Member

2. umbertob

umbertob Full Access Member

I saw an LR4 with 18" Black Rhino wheels at the recent WNLRR in Northern California.They were black, 6 or 7-spokes and looked great. They were neither of the styles above, if I had to guess (scrolling through their catalog) they were 18x8.5 Mozambique. The owner said he had to shave the outer edges of both front calipers a few millimeters to avoid rubbing, but otherwise he claims they went on without spacers. They also use a non-factory lug nut. I wish I had taken a picture of them.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
    BikePilot likes this.
  3. jwest

jwest Full Access Member

to go with wheels you might appreciate having lug nuts that don't have the stupid chrome shell that always deforms even if you're careful because some asshole at a shop is going to NOT use the 22mm because it's a little snug. They'll use a 7/8 and then the shells are toast.

I have a set in black as well as just ordered these silver/chrome for the silver 17" winter wheels I have shown in my avatar.

They ship out of Kent WA and the guy was very quick to respond. Gorilla Nuts are well known for good quality. My black ones are maybe 4 yrs old now and show no signs of trouble. There is a note about not using air tools or impact but I generally remove mine with a Proto impact air tool.... $125 for 23. Not bad when dealer wants $20 each.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/23-Chrome-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

magus likes this.