Everything about tires for LR4/ LR3 with 18" wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try tpmsdirect.com

Kevin

All they have are the 315Mhz and they don't have 2014 in their listing.

Only thing I didn't do was reach out to them. Maybe they have the 433's listed under something else and they will work as well. I don't know how much variation there is between shape/design of these sensors.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All they have are the 315Mhz and they don't have 2014 in their listing.

Only thing I didn't do was reach out to them. Maybe they have the 433's listed under something else and they will work as well. I don't know how much variation there is between shape/design of these sensors.
You may only be able to get them from the dealership. I got mine from tpmsdirect.com, but I would make sure they are the right ones.

Adrenalinsports

Reaction score
I posted this on the expedition portal Overland Journal forum but thought I would post it here also to get as much feedback as possible.

I noticed that the White commercial package LR4 from Austria on this forum is running the 275/70 R18 tire (33.2 x 10.83) But doesn't seem that anyone here in the states is running that large of a tire. Anyone know if it would fit on my LR4 with Gap Tool maxed at 48mm and Compomotive wheels? My wheel wells have also had all the plastic and other bits removed.

I would like this size tire because I like looks of the bigger tire and that it would give me more off road tire options like the Nitto Trail M/T and the Goodyear Wrangler MTR. For daily driving I would swap back to the stock 20 inch wheels and run a 32 inch tire like the BFG AT, Wrangler AT, Nitto Terra Grappler, Toyo AT etc.

I know Scott (Overland Journal) is running 265/70 R18's (32.61 x 10.43) but I can't find that tire in a Mud Terrain. It looks like another option might be the 285/65 R18 (32.59 x 11.22) That would be almost exactly the same height but a little wider. And then I could get the Nitto Trail M/T's. Would those even fit?

FYI, I am currently running 275/65 R18 (32.07 x 10.83) BFG A/T, but they are about due for replacement.

Thanks,

Jud

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too would like to see more people run larger tires... I think one of the main reasons people aren't running tires that big is because they are afraid to be the first ones to give it a try and report back. By all means, if you have the time and patience to work with fitment and things like that, go for it!

On the other hand, if you are looking for an aggressive, proven tire in the 275/65R18 size, I would 100% recommend the Toyo Open Country MT's. I just had them out in the woods last weekend, in some nasty Florida swamp mud, and they were a night-and-day difference from my BFG AT's.

Best of luck... Keep us posted!

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too would like to see more people run larger tires... I think one of the main reasons people aren't running tires that big is because they are afraid to be the first ones to give it a try and report back. By all means, if you have the time and patience to work with fitment and things like that, go for it!

On the other hand, if you are looking for an aggressive, proven tire in the 275/65R18 size, I would 100% recommend the Toyo Open Country MT's. I just had them out in the woods last weekend, in some nasty Florida swamp mud, and they were a night-and-day difference from my BFG AT's.

Best of luck... Keep us posted!

I understand what is required for fixing the clearance issues, but I still don't get how people will deal with the bumpstop/fault problem. Maybe IID tool is enough and we can just work around most issues, but what about air line punctures or valve stuck open type things. If you are on the bump stops you can't move.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spacer/Lug Change

Does anyone know if someone has ever had custom spacers made that changed the lug patter to be able to run a different wheel?

I believe the source most people are using that was quoted by overland portal and other sources gives you the opportunity to change the lug pattern for the mounting wheel.

Wondering if anyone has ever tried?

It is easily possible to find other OEM/Aftermarket wheels in a more widely used bolt pattern than it is to use our LR bolt pattern.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if someone has ever had custom spacers made that changed the lug patter to be able to run a different wheel?

I believe the source most people are using that was quoted by overland portal and other sources gives you the opportunity to change the lug pattern for the mounting wheel.

Wondering if anyone has ever tried?

It is easily possible to find other OEM/Aftermarket wheels in a more widely used bolt pattern than it is to use our LR bolt pattern.

I have not done this on the LR4 but did have the same company make custom spacers for my Sankey trailer for custom axles (trailer std) to land rover D1/D90 bolt pattern. This was 3 years ago and the spacers have never been a concern. In fact I've been totally neglectful of the trailer and no issues. Spacers are used heavily in all kinds of motorsport applications. Be sure to follow all instructions when installing (i.e. torque diagonally, thread locker on the spacer lugs, etc).

SFLR4

Reaction score
BFGs...Check!

2010 LR4
30mm Spacers
18" LR3 Wheels
265/65 18

BFG_LR4.jpeg

BFG_LR4.jpeg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics