GPS red slash?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MuddyWater

Reaction score
Hey this is my first post and I'm looking for a little help. My wife had possession of her brand new LR4 for only 4 days, when she backed into the corner of a steel flatbed truck, denting both the tailgate and the hatch. We received the car back from the body shop, and now have the red slash through the GPS indicator. Is it correct that the antenna is located in the high center brake light, and could the body shop have missed a connection?
It's Sunday night, I will call them tomorrow.
Thanks in advance for any advice!

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sure sounds like a.bad.antenna or bad connection if you get the slash over the GPS icon under open skies. If the body shop worked on your hatch they may very well have neglected to.reconnect something.

Last edited:

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This seems like it could most easily be answered by the body shop that worked on it. But yeah, she smashed the back, the antenna is in the back, the body shop worked on the back. It all sorta adds up.

MuddyWater

Reaction score
This seems like it could most easily be answered by the body shop that worked on it. But yeah, she smashed the back, the antenna is in the back, the body shop worked on the back. It all sorta adds up.

That's what I thought too, but wanted a little more knowledge before I took it in and said "fix it." While this is not our first LR, it is a much different beast than the 06 LR3.
We really like it, but need some time to learn the nav system. We weren't sure if the red slash on GPS was operator error.
I really appreciate the replies!

MuddyWater

Reaction score
Body shop called 15 minutes after we dropped off the car and said the nav screen was working fine. "You have video cams and it shows your position on the map." They didn't know that the LR4 uses dead reckoning when the GPS is off or in a tunnel to calculate your position. They didn't notice our position was marked 50 miles away. My wife re-explained the issue and that her husband looked in to the problem and thinks you may not have reconnected the GPS antenna when you replaced the rear hatch. Three hours later and a couple of more calls, they discovered they did not reconnect the antenna.

Problem solved.

Thanks all for your help!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo