hello al!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oakley

Reaction score
another newbie w/ questions! my daughter came home today and was overjoyed to inform me of a 1995 discovery she found by chance on her way back from work. we have an '88 classic, and i'm in the dark as far as what's what with the disco's... she has seen the troubles i've had with mine in the past, don't know if the 'newer" rovers suffer from the same symptoms as the classics. truck has 160000 miles on it, but looks pretty good cosmetically, from what i can see in a cell phone pic. could someone please tell me what i should look for in the way of problems/ concerns with a '95 model? i don't mind turnin wrenches, and doin some work to get it up to par, but i have heard the trannies are problematic, and the suspension systems are tempermental, but i don't know much concernin any other issues w/ the 4.2L drive train.. any help would be highly appreciated! thx, oakley:hello:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, and I hope we can help... if you look through the section for buying advise I am sure you will learn alot... the biggest questions as you should know is how well it has been taken care of prior to you buying it.... if road hard and put up wet, then you will have nothing but issues... if every issue has been fixed as it is needed not when they could get around to it... then you will just have normal rover things to worry about.

Transmissions... not seen many issues... suspension on a Disco? Didn't know that was an issue, unless it has the SLS (air bag rear suspension).

either way, with 160k miles... that is not the best mileage to be taking over potential issues that may come about.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9