I think my jeans are bleeding on my leather seats...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the premium leather seats in Alpaca and I think that the blue from the jeans might be rubbing off on them. I've only had the truck for a few weeks so I'm hoping that there's a quick and easy way to get the dye off.

Any advice?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately this can be an issue on lighter colored leather seats and jeans.

I recommend either a good leather cleaner, or if you want to go cheaper, pick up a tube of the leather cleaning wipes at your favorite auto parts or walmart.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately this can be an issue on lighter colored leather seats and jeans.

I recommend either a good leather cleaner, or if you want to go cheaper, pick up a tube of the leather cleaning wipes at your favorite auto parts or walmart.

Thanks. I'll get right on that. I don't want the blue to stick around.

techboydino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have the same issue. mine is an 06 and will not come off. i kept up well with the leather care and can get the stain to a minimum but cannot get rid of it completely. i will bring it up with the dealer on the next service. zymol (made by turtle wax) works pretty good. its a 2 step cleaner/conditioner.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have the same issue. mine is an 06 and will not come off. i kept up well with the leather care and can get the stain to a minimum but cannot get rid of it completely. i will bring it up with the dealer on the next service. zymol (made by turtle wax) works pretty good. its a 2 step cleaner/conditioner.

Well crap, that's not good. I wonder what it is about these seats that makes them grab onto the blue dye like that.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I got this info off of a Maserati forum that I am a member of.

"Of the products that I use : either warm damp cloth for cleaning (you need no more) or Lexol when I need to lift-up ingrained dirt (also Gliptone products are known to be a treat, but have not used them myself.) For conditioning I have used Croftgate leather cream, Autoglym leather cream and/or Lexol conditioner, which are all water-based.

After experimentation, I am getting inclined for the Lexol combo, which is great as a one-stop shop solution."

Hope it helps.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried the Mequire's leather cleaner/conditioner cream today.

While I don't doubt that its good for the seats (moisturizes) it didn't do anything for stains or anything other than surface dirt. The grey grime that can build up on the armrests and in the grain of the seats? Didn't do a thing for it. Maybe I'll try the Zymol suggestion. Seems to me a two step process would be the way to go.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I find it especially interesting that the seats are so easy to get covered in crud and yet so hard to clean off.

kosta

Reaction score
hey guys...i've had the same problems with the alpaca beige interior...try the Lexol cleaner/conditioner combo + a lot of warm water and elbow grease. it is the best thing i've found yet, but it still hasn't cleared up all the staining.

GMTIIFAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not only have I seen this with my 05, I've noticed it on the 08 LR2 loaner I am in now!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink