LCA Poly Urethane Bushings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

churious

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just rolled over 83k and my OEM bushings on the LCAs were failing. First I experienced the seeping oil out of the bushings... then came wheel wobble and clunking etc etc.

After a bit of research I decided to go with the Poly Bushings on both the front and rear of the LCA's. Also opted to replace the ball joints while the arms were off.

First drive was great! My initial impression is that they are 15% or so stiffer than the OEM bushings and the solid material gives you slightly more road feel and feedback. I would say that it handles a bit better too with moderately reduced understeer. I was concerned that they would be too stiff but I don't think that will be the case. I liked the OEM feel of the LR4 but this imop is very close yet durability and strength are far superior. Ill report back during brake in but so far so good!

IMG_3805_zpsx2yhmvt4.jpg

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool, keep us posted on their longevity. My factory front sway bar bushings are shot (again, first set was replaced under warranty at 40K miles... I now have 112K and they've been clunking loudly over bumps for a while) and I've been considering going with poly bushings myself this time. My original LCAs still seem to be OK, knock on wood. I wonder if going all poly in front would result in too harsh a ride, though.

churious

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool, keep us posted on their longevity. My factory front sway bar bushings are shot (again, first set was replaced under warranty at 40K miles... I now have 112K and they've been clunking loudly over bumps for a while) and I've been considering going with poly bushings myself this time. My original LCAs still seem to be OK, knock on wood. I wonder if going all poly in front would result in too harsh a ride, though.

Will do. Took it for the second drive today and I gotta say. It feels great.

I have not had any issues with the sway bar bushings but they could have possibly been replaced during warrantee with the first owner. That is crazy you have 112k on your LCAs!

From what I can tell the sway bar bushings don't take any brunt force of the suspension other than hold the sway bar in place so a poly would most likely not affect the feel at all. If anything I would think it would last longer and not break down like the softer OEM bushings. On my M5 I used to break rear sway bar bushing mounts and the bushings would then tear due to the torque (stock was 395hp but I took her to 475hp) so I upgraded to a stronger aftermarket bushing and mount in a similar fashion. Different sway system than our hydraulic controlled bars on the LR4 but similar in mounting.

Last edited:

TrinidadLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Resurrecting this thread as I am starting to get a clunk from the front when stabbing the brakes at low speed. At 74k miles, it's about time. I am leaning toward putting these orange bushings in(coating them in never-seeze, as mentioned in another thread, to prevent squeals) and then either replacing the ball joint separately or keeping it if it's in decent shape. Anyone else running these in 2019 and happy with them? A while ago, I put powerflex ****** arm bushings in my old e39 m5 and the resulting ride was really harsh, so I ended up going back to stock. These sound like they're pretty close to OEM firmness, so I am less worried. Any feedback is appreciated.

churious

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sold my LR4 last month but those bushings were amazing! Do it.

PS. I also had an E39 M5 Dinan S2 and stayed away from the power flex due to reviews like that.

TrinidadLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Did you reuse your existing arm and just swap the bushings out, keeping the old ball joint? Any problems with squeaking on bumps?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM