Looking to buy this LR4, but rattle at cold start. Goes away when warm...

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ugh, we’re not going to argue about LR vs Toyota reliability here, aren’t we?

LR makes a much more sophisticated vehicles which comes at a price.

And reliability is not even the main problem here, a terrible service is. Average dealership is good enough to change oil and tyres, but completely useless otherwise.
After warranty expires finding a good indy shop is the key to a happy LR ownership.

I don't think anyone is saying Toyota isn't more reliable than Land Rover. But I am saying that the Land Rover reliability issues are a little overblown, particularly if you are an active owner who stays on top of maintenance items.

Thing is, those "maintenance items" existed with Toyotas, too. Just less of them, I suppose.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will say my 2010 LR4 has been more reliable than my 06 LR3. Having a differential fail at 20k kms into the LR3's life was a little off putting.

txfromwi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2013 & 2015 Houston TX. 2016 Rochester NY
I don't agree that this has been well maintained.
We all know that Rovers are, well, Rovers, but our 2016 (purchased used and possibly a weak maintenance history) at the same mileage has only one issue - a weak air compressor.
I have a hard time understanding how the timing chain could be that loud at 65K miles other than poor maintenance.

I am very open to be educated as our 2016 belongs to the daughter, lives across the country, and I only get a few weeks a year to actually touch it and to work on it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saopesoko